As one of the largest and most successful Further Education Colleges in Europe, The Manchester College provides education and training to a wide range of learners and clients across the City of Manchester and beyond. The mission of the college is to deliver a high quality, inclusive and comprehensive curriculum, in an accessible and flexible way.
Based at many sites across the city, each site has its own specialist, cutting edge facilities and resources within a friendly and supportive atmosphere.
We are currently looking to recruit a 2 x Project Worker(Full Time) on a temporary contract until the end of the academic year. The role is to support in the delivery of PSD and Employability to SEMH high needs learners
Reporting to the Departmental Team Leader the Project Worker will support lessons ensuring the ongoing support and motivation for young people throughout the programme. Supporting the implementation of the curriculum, including delivery of citizenship and social education.
Key Responsibilities include;
- Jointly responsible for the day-to day safeguarding, motivation and pastoral care of young people as needed.
- Participate fully in quality improvement and performance strategies
- Support established partnerships and liaising with other organisations as required.
The successful candidate will;
- Experience of working in a youth related environment, you must be willing to undertake relevant training as necessary to enhance personal skills and professional development.
- A Youth and Community or similar qualification is desirable
- Experience of working with students with ADHD, ADD, OCD and other behavioural difficulties
- Professional yet creative approach adapting teaching where appropriate
- Act as a positive role model for students
- Flexible and willing to try new ideas
If working in a diverse challenging yet highly rewarding role is for you then apply today!
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.
Please click here for details.