PSCHE and Preparing for Work Subject Leader
MPS + 1 SEN Allowance
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an inspirational and self-motivated teacher to this varied and interesting position. If you are a dynamic, committed, and inspirational teacher who wants to make a difference to the lives and outcomes of Woodlane pupils we welcome your application.
The successful candidate will:
• Be an inspirational teacher passionate about raising school standards and achievements for pupils with special educational needs and disabilities in PSCHE.
• A track record of making a difference to pupil progress and outcomes in PSCHE and beyond.
• Be an outstanding classroom practitioner.
• Have knowledge of the National Curriculum and how to differentiate for SEND learners.
• Have a strong commitment to extra-curricular activity.
• Be able to support Woodlane's Dyslexia Friendly approach to raise the literacy standards of our pupils.
• Be able to use SLCN strategies to support teaching and learning.
• Have a keen interest or experience of leading work experience and/or preparing pupils for work/Post 16.
• Be keen to share best practice with others through INSET/Outreach.
• Be someone who is highly organised.
• Be someone who is highly resilient.
• Be someone who puts safeguarding and child protection at the centre of practice.
Please see personal specification for full details.
The position will include:
• The leadership and teaching of PSCHE at KS3 and KS4 level.
• The teaching of English at KS3 and KS4 level.
• The potential to teach a range of subjects at KS3 and KS4.
• Teaching and preparing pupils for various relevant qualifications in PSCHE.
• Leading, inspiring and supporting staff/pupils/parents in preparing pupils for work and Post 16 education.
• Leading, managing and coordinating work experience for pupils in KS4.
• Providing INSET to staff.
• The delivery of extra-curricular activity.
• Devising EHCPs and hosting Annual Review meetings.
Please see the job description for full details.
Woodlane High School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Staff and governors are committed to the safeguarding and child protection of our children. An enhanced DBS disclosure will therefore be required for successful candidates. We will also require verified references, photographic identification and any necessary overseas eligibility to work in the UK.
Under normal circumstances we would encourage you to visit the school, however due to Covid-19 closure, ‘visits’ can be arranged virtually.
For further information and an application pack please contact Brigid Simmons, School Business Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applicants from PSCHE or English Teachers from mainstream or SEND schools, including strong NQTs.
Closing date: Thursday 4th March 2021 – 9.00am
Shortlisting date: Thursday 4th March 2021
Interview date: Thursday 11th March 2021
Position to start September 2021.
Woodlane High School
Hammersmith and Fulham