VCE Psychology and English teacher – Full Time (on-going)
Heatherton Christian College is seeking to appoint an outstanding, enthusiastic and innovative VCE Psychology and English teacher, commencing in Term 1, 2018.
The successful applicant will be required to teach VCE Psychology, Units 1 to 4, and English across a range of levels, including VCE level. The ability to teach one or more of History and Business Management would also be an advantage.
A salary package consistent with the applicant’s level of experience and expertise will be negotiated.
Requirements for this position include:
- An ability to clearly articulate a strong, personal Christian faith
- Suitable qualifications and current expertise to teach in these subject areas
- A willingness to grow and develop as a teacher through reflection of their practice, taking on feedback and seeking personal and professional learning opportunities
- A willingness to work collaboratively and contribute to the Christian ethos and Christian community of the college, including contributing to extra-curricular activities (for example: school camps / mission trips, staff retreat etc.)
- Highly developed interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Excellent administration skills including the use of technology to enhance student learning, flexibility, and an ability to prioritise tasks
All applicants must hold current VIT registration, must subscribe wholeheartedly to the Heatherton Christian College Statement of Faith (located under the Employment tab of the College website, www.hcc.vic.edu.au ) and be active Christians with church involvement.
Applications should be submitted via email (address below) and need to include the
1. A copy of your CV
2. A summary of up to 3 A4 pages addressing the “Requirements for this position” listed above - making mention of the unique skills, attributes and experiences that you would bring to the role
3. A written character reference from your current Pastor / Minister
4. Contact details of three referees
Please address and email your application to Mr Phil Eastman, Assistant Principal and Head of Secondary, email@example.com
Please also cc your application to the Principal, Mr Peter Cliffe, firstname.lastname@example.org by 4.00pm on Monday 16 October, 2017
For enquiries or further information about this position please telephone Mr Phil Eastman directly on 0433805868
Applicants, should they be shortlisted, would need to be available for an interview on the evening of Wednesday 18 October, 2017. This, depending on the location of the applicant, may be via Skype.
A confirmation email will be sent on receipt of your application. If you do not receive a confirmation email within 24 hours of emailing your application, please contact Phil Eastman on 0433805868