Psychology Graduate: Teaching Assistant
Pay £75 – £80 per day via PAYE
Have you completed qualifications in Psychology and have an interest working with special education or mental health?
JOIN A DEDICATED AND SUPPORTIVE TEAM IN AN OUTSTANDING SCHOL OFFERING LEARNING AND SOCIAL OPPORTUNITIES TO SOME OF THE MOST VULNERBALE CHILDREN IN EDUCATION.
We have an amazing opportunity in an outstanding primary and secondary school in Wandsworth offering life-changing learning opportunities to children with autism, learning difficulties and mental health needs.
This graduate role is set to start in Jan 2022 for an academic year with opportunities to apply for permanent positions within the school.
This school is rated ‘Outstanding’ by both Ofsted and working at this school is a great opportunity for psychology graduates looking to kick start their career in psychology, therapy, or education.
Experience working with autism, learning difficulties, mental health, residential care, support work, PRUs or alternative learning provisions would be ideal due to the needs of the pupils.
Why you should work at this school:
• Ofsted: Outstanding
• Training provided by staff in autism specific courses
• EYFS, primary and secondary provisions
• A maximum of eight students in a class. Classes are matched in terms of peer relationships and ability.
• On-site school psychologist, behaviour coordinators, speech and language therapist, occupational therapist who work collaboratively with all staff.
Skills and Requirements for Psychology Graduate
• Background in Education or care
• Graduates who have specialised in psychology, special needs or social and emotional mental health
• Strong interpersonal skills in order to communicate with families, carers and a multidisciplinary team of teaching staff and educational psychologists.
• You will be organised, patient and confident, with a sound understanding of the key issues currently affecting young people.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding children, young people, and vulnerable adults. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Smart Teachers
Smart Teachers is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. With branches across the country, we are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff.
What Smart Teachers offer
As a valued employee of Smart Teachers, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house Payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach training, online webinars and safeguarding and child protection updates.
• Generous refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply to the Psychology Graduate: Teaching Assistant role
If you feel like you have the necessary skills and want to help support some of the most inspiring young people in education, then call Fatima on 0207 065 7525 and quote job reference: FXCPGTA