Pupil Engagement Officer/Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (permanent)
Start Date: 1st September 2021
37 hours/week. Term Time plus 5 days
Salary: Grade F (SP 19-24)
Roseacre Primary Academy is looking to appoint a committed, highly skilled Pupil Engagement Officer (PEO), with the additional responsibility for Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead (DDSL), to support children’s learning at Roseacre Primary Academy on a permanent contract. The post will commence on 1st September 2021.
Roseacre is a three form entry Primary Academy and Nursery in South Shore, Blackpool. Roseacre became proud members of the AtC (Achievement through Collaboration) Trust, in December 2018. This has resulted in a significant financial input into resources and has enhanced career pathways.
Although we are larger than the average primary school, we work in phases, with each phase having its own leader. Rated as ‘good’ at our last Ofsted inspection (April 2018), Governors and staff work together to improve outcomes for Roseacre children and strive for “outstanding”. We enjoy an excellent relationship with our supportive parents. Our reception intake for September 2021 is fully subscribed i.e. 90 children.
Governors and staff are inordinately proud of Roseacre’s reputation, its standing in the community it serves and the children who attend; they know it is a special place to work and to learn. Roseacre’s values of respect, honesty, tolerance, excellence, determination and courage form the backbone of the school, underpin everything we do and are celebrated widely. Governors are looking to appoint a candidate who advocates these values and who demonstrates a true desire to work at Roseacre and be part of this exceptional team.
In particular we are looking for someone who:
- Is determined and resilient with high expectations of themselves and others.
- Understands how children learn and develop and provides exciting, rich opportunities in which they will thrive.
- Will ensure excellence and enjoyment for all our children.
- Is able to meet deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Is flexible and has a good sense of humour.
- Wants the best for every child and works tirelessly to achieve this.
In return we can offer:
- Polite, hard-working children who enjoy coming to school.
- A hardworking, dedicated and extremely supportive team of professionals who strive for excellence in everything they do.
- Increasingly well-resourced facilities.
- High quality CPD.
- Close working relationships with external partners and collaborative networks.
Roseacre Primary Academy and Nursery has an inclusive approach and, as such, we need someone who is caring, approachable and who can bring out the best in our children, whilst maintaining high expectations. Enthusiasm, energy and a sense of humour are a must!
How to apply:
Read the job description and person specification carefully.
Complete the application form online.
Ensure your supporting letter is concise and relates to the person specification.
Closing date for applications: 9am on Friday 25th June 2021
Candidates who have not been contacted by Monday 28th June, should assume that they have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend an interview on Wednesday 30th June.
Roseacre Primary Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Primary School
- Students of mixed gender, age 4 - 11 years
Welcome to Roseacre Primary Academy and Nursery, your children are our priority
At Roseacre Primary Academy we foster a shared vision of “Excellence for All – Excellence from All”, encouraging every child and adult to give their best and to expe...