Due to an increase in the number of students on roll, The Ockendon Academy is currently looking to appoint Pupil Premium Achievement Leaders in our Maths and Science departments. We are looking for teachers with a proven ability and flair for leadership and a commitment to promoting high standards of achievement and behaviour for all.
We are looking for passionate and driven individuals who strive to grow and are full of excitement to make a contribution to the current teaching and learning strategies. You will be expected to have a genuine and committed interest in the welfare and education of our students, with a clear understanding of how to raise outcomes for disadvantaged students as well as a strong desire to make a difference to student achievement. In return, we will provide you with support and the necessary tools to help you succeed in making a difference to the students in your care. This position would suit someone looking for their first deputy position.
Each department is looking to build and develop the solid foundations that have been laid out by the current teams and this role is a pivotal part of that development. Ideally you will already have excellent outcomes in examination classes and a track record of raising attainment and securing exceptional progress for all your students.
All successful candidates will:
- Be educated to a first degree level or equivalent and hold QTS.
- Have experience of teaching the UK curriculum to Key Stage 5 and have the ability to plan and deliver lessons to ensure excellent learning progression takes place in all areas.
- Can assess and mark work, monitor pupils' progression and raise attainment levels.
- Have evidence that they have supported students effectively and possess a capacity to deliver engaging lessons, which inspire and motivate pupils to challenge their own learning.
- Have the ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with students, parents and colleagues.
The Principal is happy to meet you for a pre-application visit, please contact Helen Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. To apply, please visit our website www.theockendonacademy.com to download the Job Description, Person Specification and Application form, or alternatively contact Denise Fowler at email@example.com for an application pack.
The Ockendon Academy and Ockendon Studio School are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced DBS check.