Bradford Forster Academy is a new 11-16 Church of England secondary Academy and part of the Bradford Diocesan Academies Trust (BDAT), a growing Christian Multi-Academy Trust based in Bradford. The Academy opened on 1st September 2015 and now has 750 students on roll in years 7, 8, 9 and 10 and will grow to five year groups in September 2019. Within BDAT there is an exciting opportunity to work across a variety of growing diverse schools.
In order to further accelerate outcomes and continue to grow our talented leadership team, we are currently seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher of mathematics to join our successful and hardworking mathematics department and to work closely with the Vice Principal for Raising Attainment in enabling pupil premium students across all subject to make the best possible progress. You will already be an outstanding teacher capable of delivering inspirational lessons and able to ensure that students within mathematics are appropriately challenged, supported and achieve their expected levels of progress or better.
This is an exciting opportunity for an individual to join an academy with a culture of professional learning and reflection and one which works effectively with its community to bring about sustainable improvements. In addition, this is a brand new role with an opportunity to make a whole school impact with our large cohort of 57% pupil premium students. We actively welcome applications from talented mathematics teachers currently with a TLR looking to take on a whole school role and to further develop their career.
The successful candidate will be:
- An outstanding teacher of mathematics and looking to develop your career in a whole school role focusing on raising attainment.
- Able to encourage and enthuse students to achieve their full potential.
- Inspirational to colleagues and students – sharing best practice.
We can offer:
- An academy and senior leadership team that will allow you to be inspirational, proactive and play an active part in our school improvement
- Tailored CPD with a strong commitment on developing individual career paths
- A mathematics department which welcomes new ideas with energy and enthusiasm
Closing Date for applications is 9.00 am on 25 January 2019.
For full details, application form with information pack, please visit our website
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. All posts are subject to an enhanced criminal records check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).