Pupil Premium Support Mentor with an English Focus
Salary £18560 pro rata (term time only) Actual salary £15644
Start date 4th September 2017 until July 2018 in the first instance.
37 hours per week plus relevant parent evenings and after school session (be take in lieu)
We are looking for someone who has the ability to identify barriers to learning and to engage strategies to overcome these barriers.
- GCSE grade C or above in maths and A Level English (or equivalent)
- Experience of working with pupils and/or parents.
- Ability to support 1:1 and small groups.
- Commitment to working within a team to support and provide quality services for our children and families.
- Effective literacy and numeracy skills.
- Ability to communicate with students across the age and ability range.
- Willingness to develop own expertise and undertake training programmes.
- Ability to set, maintain and actively promote high standards of student behaviour.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of the qualities of support and effective learning and how these can be applied to raise pupil attainment.
- Good self-management skills including the ability to plan one’s time effectively.
- An enjoyment and liking for pupils, people, schools and learning.
- Able to work well as part of a team with good interpersonal skills.
- The ability to enthuse, inspire and motivate pupils and parents.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to use ICT
The successful candidate will be involved in a variety of activities including;
- 1:1 and small group tutoring of GCSE level Maths and/or English
- The set-up and running of the Success maker scheme
- The set-up and running of the Extended Learning Group programme to session 6’s
- Support homework club
- The set-up, running and monitoring of form time reading peer mentoring programme
- Family liaison encouraging parental involvement
- Support with Year 7 English
- Liaison with attendance officer
- Classroom support within lessons for GCSE groups
To apply please complete an associate staff application form and letter explaining your interest and return to email@example.com
Details are available from Mrs C. Welch Tel: 01922 743988 ext 224 or on the school website www.aldridgeschool.org/jobs
Closing Date 23rd June 2017
Aldridge School - An Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS and safeguarding checks.
For further information please go to our web site www.aldridgeschool.org/jobs or contact Mrs C Welch 01922 743988 ex 224.