We are looking to employ someone to work with a physically disabled student in upper sixth, helping her to go about her school day to day life as independently as possible.
General administrative support in other areas of the School will be a requirement of the position.
While the below job description is intended to be indicative rather than exhaustive, we would expect the successful applicant to be actively involved in:
- Providing care and support to the assigned student;
- Promoting the general progress and well-being of the assigned student
- Providing in-class support for the assigned student when required;
- Contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to the assigned student;
- Contributing to the school’s programme of co-curricular trips and excursions, ensuring that they are accessible to the assigned student; and
- Maintaining high professional standards of attendance, punctuality, appearance, conduct and positive, courteous relations with students, parents and colleagues
Flexibility of approach, a sense of fun, a readiness to respond to students’ individual needs and an enthusiastic, open approach are among the qualities we value.
d’Overbroeck’s offers staff and students alike a friendly and welcoming environment where classes are small and standards are high.
In order to fulfill the requirements of this post, it is essential that the successful applicant has:
- The ability to develop a strong and trusting relationship with the assigned student
- Excellent organisational skills;
- An understanding of the importance of teamwork and person-centered working; and
- A non-judgmental and approachable manner, enabling a relationship built on: mutual respect, trust, sensitivity, friendliness, encouragement, empathy and a sense of humour
Hours and Salary
This is a term-time only role, working an average of 37.5 hours per week. While a significant amount of this time will be dedicated to providing support to the assigned student, any remaining time can be expected to be used in supporting administrative roles throughout the School.
The salary for this position will be based on the full time equivalent of £18,000.00.
Applicants should submit the relevant application form, and send this, along with a full Curriculum Vitae and a covering letter to HR@doverbroecks.com and a signed copy sent to:
333 Banbury Road
Please apply as soon as possible, but no later than Wednesday 19 June 2019.
Please note that we reserve the right to shortlist, interview and appoint candidates prior to this date