Set in 26 acres of beautiful parkland in Cobham, Notre Dame School nestles in a picturesque 18th century mansion beside the River Mole. Notre Dame is a Catholic School and is a Foundation of the Company of Mary Our Lady with an ethos shaped by the life and work of St Jeanne de Lestonnac. Despite the tranquil setting Notre Dame School is a hive of activity, with over 600 children and teachers working hard in the important business of education. The school has an enviable reputation for the highest academic standards and a progressive, holistic, academic education that is underpinned by over 400 years of international educational tradition in 30 countries. Established in England in 1937, the school has always had the philosophy that the greatest success comes from knowing how to learn and how to ask the right questions; training pupils to take an active role in reaching and exceeding early expectations. From the vibrant Nursery to the exciting Sixth Form, tomorrow's professionals acquire the skills, knowledge and qualifications that give them the best possible start in life.
The Finance Department is responsible for the complete, accurate and timely recording and reporting of all financial transactions for Notre Dame School and to manage financial relationships both within, and outside, the School.
The Finance Team is made up of one full time Sales Ledger and Fees Clerk and one Purchase Ledger Clerk both of whom report to the Finance Manager.
The Purchase Ledger Clerk will work within the School’s financial procedures to provide an accurate, efficient and timely financial service to support procurement of all goods and serviced purchased by the staff and school to support effective teaching and learning to students.
For more responsibilities please read our attached Job Description
- Good standard of education (with a minimum of good GCSE levels or equivalent in English and maths)
- Educated up to ‘A’ Level or equivalent
- A qualification in bookkeeping or AAT Foundation level are desirable.
- Experience of working in a similar financial role
- Experience of working with Financial systems
- Experience of working in a school or the education sector
- Experience of working with SAGE
Skills and Abilities
- Good IT skills and confident in the use of Microsoft Office software including Word and Excel and Outlook
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, on the telephone and by email
- Be able to explain financial procedures clearly to non-financial people
- Strong attention to detail and produce work with a high level of accuracy
- Good organisational and workload management skills specifically with the ability to prioritise own work and reprioritise when necessary
- Able to work in an office environment that often demands high levels of concentration, while coping with frequent interruptions
- Integrity and understanding of care needed with sensitive information
- Able to manage high volume workloadAble to analyse information
- Good problem solving ability
- An understanding of the importance of confidentiality
- Work as part of a team to resolve problems quickly and to support key functions
- Be enthusiastic and motivated to develop new skills while providing help and assistance to all areas of the school
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (e.g. Data Protection)
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Notre Dame NJC25 to NJC31, 25,068 - £30,612 per annum (dependent on skills and experience)
Hours of work: 37.5 hours per week with 30 minutes unpaid lunchbreak
Closing Date: 9 am Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interviews: w/c Monday 29th April 2019
Start date: ASAP
Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by senior members of the School and take a tour of the school.
he School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.