ISA Tianhe International has been in Guangzhou (China) for more than half a decade and running Early Years (IB & Reggio Emilia inspired) and IB PYP curriculum successfully. We are looking for potential candidates of PYP Coordinator to start in January 2022.
- Design a curriculum within the IB framework that embraces teaching and learning for pupils from age 5-11;
- Work collegially within the Primary School to support the school’s vision, mission and philosophy;
- Support the school’s curricular and philosophical commitments as an IB World School; and assist the Primary School in meeting its planning goals;
- Help promote a culture where diversity is encouraged and where students learn to respect differences;
- Take responsibility for their actions, exercise leadership and strive for academic excellence;
- Maintain accurate written and/or electronic records of all aspects of the IB PYP programme;
- Ensure that the school meets all IB regulations and deadlines;
- Plan and organize the teaching PD, especially the IB PD for all the teachers.
- Holder of Bachelor's Degree and teaching qualification (such as PGCD, BEd, MEd) with major in Primary Education;
- At least 5 years' of full-time experience in mainstream education;
- High proficiency in English;
- Ability to integrate teaching and management for IB Curriculum that the school has developed during the tenure;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and vision for the future of educational practice;
- A passion for education and excellence;
- Ability to inspire colleagues, to accept responsibility, to show in their actions and decisions firmness, fairness, consistency and integrity;
- Comprehensive knowledge of the IB programmes and of key developments, issues and trends in international education;
- Excellent leadership skills;
- Work effectively as a member of a team;
- Courage to introduce and manage change and innovation ;
- Ability to show good cultural understanding and differentiation between students from various backgrounds;
- Ability to absorb information, analyse data and present overall picture and trends;
- Flexible, inclusive and pragmatic management style;
- Clear strategic thinking;
- High level interpersonal and administrative skills;
- Articulate and a strong communicator;
- Possess good organisational skills, manage time efficiently and be able to meet deadlines.
Interested candidates can click "Quick Apply" or register at our school recruitment website below will be processed in priority:
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or online interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Head of School/Principal or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 2 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- B. Ed, Bachelors with Teaching Qualification, M. Ed, PGCE or PGDE or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- Should hold a valid passport from either Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom or United States.
- References, Criminal background check, Medical check
- Below 59 years of age
ISA Tianhe International School (formally was established to offer students in Guangzhou an outstanding academic and holistic education. The School follows the framework of the IB PYP curriculum. ISA is an authorized PYP school.