Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad, India
We look for outstanding educators whose work is characterised by passion, able to inspire others, excited by the opportunity to make a difference and committed to helping young people find their grand passion in life! Set on a beautiful 100-acre campus south of the historic city of Hyderabad, the Aga Khan Academy is part of a network of Academies which will eventually form a global learning community of 18 schools in 14 countries. Based on the vision of His Highness the Aga Khan, the Academy deliberately recruits young people from a diversity of backgrounds and irrespective of their ability to pay. Our holistic approach enables young people to become ethical leaders empowered to make a positive contribution in a changing world. Children’s needs are at the heart of the Academy’s focus and high quality pastoral care is paramount.
Teachers at the Aga Khan Academy are expected to:
1. Be committed to the vision of the Academy and our distinct educational philosophy.
2. Be excited about the opportunity to work in an environment committed to an emphasis on high quality pastoral care.
3. Be enthusiastically involved in the co-curricular and enrichment life of the Academy.
4. Play an active role in the residential life of a thriving school community which values and celebrates the diversity of its staff and students.
The successful candidate will be an experienced educator who can bring high expectations, innovation and flair to this role. They will recognise the importance of creativity and innovation and will strive to develop this in students through their teaching. We are looking for applicants who can:
1. Contribute meaningfully to the creation, delivery and review of a relevant and meaningful localized curriculum for the PYP, ensuring that the Indian context is appropriately reflected in the curriculum model.
2. Engage in effective teaching practices that embrace inquiry–based teaching and learning methods and differentiates activities to meet the needs of all students.
3. Authentically assess, record and track the progress of all students.
4. Support the holistic development of each child.
5. Prioritise student agency and self-efficacy by modelling these attributes.
• Significant experience in primary education, including proven experience in the IB PYP for a minimum of 3 years.
• Experience of working in a cross-cultural environment.
• Proven record of effective collaborative work.
• Multilingual, with C1 competency in spoken and written English.
• Familiarity with using technology in teaching and learning.
Valued additional assets:
• Successful experience as an IB workshop leader.
• Familiarity with the Indian context.
Applications must include a brief statement describing the key features of your philosophy of education and approach to working with young people. Please indicate clearly in your application how your experience and expertise might align with the expectations we have highlighted.
You must meet the following requirements for a visa or working permit:
- 3 years teaching experience.
- A degree related to subject taught.
- Bachelors with Teaching Qualification or similar teaching qualification.
- Proficient in English.
- References, Criminal background check
The Aga Khan Academy, Hyderabad
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 6 - 18 years