Hexagon Care Services
Job Title: Qualified SEN Teacher (outreach)
Location: Wakefield area
Salary: £22,760 - £30,960 (dependent on experience)
Start date: September 2019 or sooner if possible
Hexagon Care Services is a forward thinking and privately owned National Provider of Children’s Services. Within the services they offer, they run 8 small independent schools which educate boys and girls between 11 and 18 which cater for pupils with a range of complex needs. All schools are rated either ‘Good’ or ‘Outstanding’.
Due to the continued expansion of our services, we are looking to appoint a Qualified Teacher to be based in the Wakefield area.
We are opening a number of 2-bedroom homes in this area with the long-term goal to teach these students within one school. Initially, we require an outreach teacher to educate our students within these homes. This Teacher will be able to travel between homes which will provide an interesting and varied timetable for the suitable candidate. The intention then would be that once the school is fully opened, the post will be based at this school.
• Small class sizes/student numbers
• Opportunities for cross-curricular development
• Excellent CPD opportunities
• A comprehensive induction package with full and ongoing training
• A contributory pension scheme following successful probation period
• Have QTS status – qualified to teach KS3/4 Science, Maths or English
• The ability to teach ICT would be advantageous
• Be able to develop a good rapport with our students to support them effectively with their learning
• Hold a full clean driving license and have access to your own transport
This is an exciting opportunity to join a team of highly skilled and committed teachers who believe in delivering an innovative and creative curriculum to our students.
For an application pack, to arrange a visit or an informal chat regarding this post and working at the school please contact Diane Jamieson or Katie Mcwilliams on 0191 267 6555 or 07713323792 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Completed application forms should be submitted by 11am on Monday 17th June to Diane Jamieson via email
Interviews are anticipated to be held week as soon as possible thereafter
Applications will be reviewed as received, so we may be in contact before the closing date.
The appointment will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure through the DBS. At interview applicants will be expected to provide evidence confirming date of birth and academic qualifications.