Aga Khan Education Services (AKES) is one of the largest private educational networks in the developing world, currently operating over 200 pre-schools to higher secondary schools across Asia and Africa. For more information, visit www.agakhanschools.org
AKES is undertaking a major organisational change exercise, transitioning its ten country education units into a global school system and repositioning its approach to curriculum to ensure a relevant 21st century education. To support these changes, AKES has developed common quality standards for schools aligned with international best practice.
The Quality Assurance Consultant will involve all country offices and school leaders in understanding and adopting the AKES Standards for Schools and engaging in the school review and improvement process.
S/he will support the AKES Quality Assurance Leader and Academic Director to:
- provide training and coaching on the AKES Standards for Schools and review and improvement process to Heads of Academics and school;
- advise, support and quality assure the policies, procedures and implementation of the AKES school review and improvement process in collaboration with the Heads of Academics, so that there is immediate and continuing impact on learning;
- work directly with schools to provide hands-on support as they work through the review and improvement process including supporting school self-reviews, verifying the findings of the review process, and upskilling and supporting those working with schools on improvement;
- manage and maintain an electronic repository of school reviews, ratings and data;
- review and make recommendations on the current review and improvement processes in the light of experience in the field;
- perform other related quality assurance, school review and improvement duties as required.
We are looking for an experienced school leader with experience as a trainer, quality assurance expert and/or inspector. S/he should possess the following qualifications, experience and specific attributes:
- Minimum of a Master’s degree
- Significant school-based leadership experience and a proven ability to set and maintain standards aligned with an external quality assurance framework
- Excellent knowledge of contemporary research and trends in the review, quality assurance and improvement of schools; experience in an Education Management Organisation (EMO) or school network would be valued
- Exposure to educational improvement in the developing world or disadvantaged communities would be a distinct advantage
- Strong interpersonal and training skills, cultural sensitivity and the ability to engage with a diverse group of people
- Demonstrated skills in project management and data trend analysis
- Excellent oral and written language proficiency in English
- Willingness to travel extensively to the countries where AKES operates, often in rural and remote regions.
The assignment will be a 0.5 to full-time consultancy for 24 months, with the possibility of a further extension by mutual agreement.
The Consultant would desirably be based in Europe or Kenya; however other locations can be considered.
Attractive remuneration will be offered to the right candidate. Start date negotiable between May and September, 2018
Please apply by 30 April, 2018