Required for September 2019
Raising Standards Leader - English
Job Reference Code: FA13/0102
Salary range: MPR/UPR depending on experience
Plus TLR - £4,684
Full time, permanent
We are looking for a happy, enthusiastic and inspiring teacher of English with excellent subject knowledge and pedagogical craft. The ideal candidate will be an aspiring leader, eager to use this opportunity to further enhance their career prospects. The successful candidate will be able to conduct forensic analyses of data to identify those in need of specific interventions and advise on bespoke strategies to raise attainment and progress. Exceptional communication skills, a passion for the subject and a commitment to the continued development of their own pedagogy is essential.
• A ‘state of the art’ medium sized 11-16 mixed comprehensive Academy with approximately 875 students, located near the centre of the historic shipbuilding town of Barrow in Furness and close to the southern boundary of the Lake District National Park;
• An Academy with a Good Ofsted rating (September 2017) and excellent potential for the future
• An Academy with a truly comprehensive intake, playing a key role in our local community and with a strong foundation of moral purpose;
• An Academy that has at its heart a sense of ambition and determination to deliver excellent teaching, care and holistic school experience.
We will offer you:
• A very welcoming Academy where the development of every person matters.
• Hard-working, committed and aspirational staff and students.
• A fully established CPD programme.
• The whole-hearted support of Furness Academy’s Leadership Team.
• Be an effective classroom practitioner.
• Understand your accountability for the performance standards of your students.
• Make a sustained and well-informed contribution to the English provision at the Academy as well as whole Academy improvement strategies.
• Have a particular focus on the analysis of class and cohort data and information to direct targeted support and interventions.
• Understand, demonstrate and promote developments to the English curriculum and work expertly with colleagues to ensure high standards of teaching and learning across the department.
Furness Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. All applicants are subject to the requirements of the Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education guidelines. This will include checks with past employers and the need for the successful applicant to hold or undergo a suitable enhanced DBS disclosure.
Closing date: Sunday 24th February 12pm
Shortlisting: Monday 25th February
Interviews: Week commencing 4th March
For further information or enquiries regarding this post, please contact the HR Officer on 01229 484277 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively you may download an information package and application form from our website at www.furnessacademy.co.uk. Please note we only accept CV’s with a fully completed application form.