Part-time hours on a job share basis will be considered for the right candidates.
Focus Learning Trust is part of the OneSchool global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
Due to stable growth, our Focus School Linton Park Campus are seeking to appoint a Receptionist and Admin Assistant on a full time, permanent basis. You will work as a member of the school’s administrative team providing clerical and administrative support to assist in the smooth running of the school. For this position we may consider a job share.
Our schools offer achievement, opportunity and professional challenge to our students within a supportive environment. The students have a passion and desire to excel in learning. We are looking for conscientious and hard-working individuals who are passionate about education, pay meticulous attention to detail and who wish to maintain our environment to the highest standard. Our goal is to become a leading edge school in every aspect.
• Provide PA support to the Head Teacher when required such as; minutes, typing, photocopying, filing, emailing etc.
• Support the School Business Manager (SBM) with general administration duties such as the ordering of books and supplies and ensuring purchase order records are maintained
• Undertake reception duties including answering the telephone, dealing with face-to-face enquiries and acting as the first point of contact for visitors to the school
• Issue visitor lanyards and ensure all persons are signed in and out, in accordance with safeguarding protocols
• Utilise SIMS software accordingly such as updating pupil registers and subsequent reporting, such as daily and weekly attendance statistics
• Follow-up any absence with parents by phone, email or note straight away in line with school policy and procedure
• To deal with enquiries, by email, telephone and in person, and to ensure accurate information is passed to the relevant parties in a speedy manner, maintaining confidentiality at all times
• To maintain a neat and tidy reception area, ensuring school publications and other relevant information readily available for visitors
• Provide typing, email and clerical support to colleagues as required, to include printing and distribution of student reports
• Undertake any other duties of a similar level and responsibility as may be required.
• The ability to establish and maintain good relationships with students, parents, colleagues and trustees
• A professional approach to the role including a good telephone manner
• Must be IT literate with sound working knowledge of Excel and Word
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and excellent organisational skills
• Ability to work well both within a team and on one’s own initiative
• Ability to multi-task and prioritise
• Experience of working in a school office would be an advantage
• Experience of using SIMS would be beneficial
• Respect the school’s Ethos and Values
• 20 days + statutory bank holidays entitlement
• Free parking on site
• Supportive staff, Trustees and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and resources providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• Professional support from Focus Learning Trust at our Teacher Academy - our brand-new skills centre which is driving progress in learning and teaching throughout Focus schools
For more information about Focus Learning Trust or specific information relating to our Campus please visit http://www.focus-school.com/ or follow us on LinkedIn at Focus Learning Trust
For an informal discussion or visit to the school please contact the School Business Manager, Mrs Debbie Gilbertson on 01622 740825, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing Date for application forms: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: Monday 29 April 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Focus School Linton Park Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment
Charity No. 1066592