Do you have the passion and drive to help us shape our vision into reality?
Grove Academy is an exciting new free school which opened in September 2017 and is the first all-through school to open in Slough, providing seamless high quality education for 4 to 18 year olds.
This is a unique opportunity to work with us to shape the Grove experience. We are recruiting an experienced teacher to lead Reception and Year One. We currently have 60 pupils in each of Reception and Year 1 but will eventually grow to be a four form entry primary with a six form entry secondary. When full we will be the biggest school in Slough at 1940 pupils. But right now it is a great time to join us as we are small and can concentrate on developing excellence at all levels.
Our project based curriculum is being developed via enquiry and ‘big questions’ and will enable pupils, from Reception upwards, to place their learning within a real life context with concrete experiences. We will work closely with local businesses and organisations to ensure that our pupils leave Grove Academy with the skills and character that employers seek.
We are looking for a leader who:
• most importantly, is an innovative and passionate EYFS or KS1 teacher who can create a vibrant Early Years and Year One learning environment and make learning visible through enquiry.
• is able to inspire, lead, develop and support effective teaching and learning practice for children in their phase and, with a teaching commitment, should be able to lead by example.
• can monitor and analyse the performance of children and plan effectively for progress
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your skills and drive to enable children to reach their full potential? Can you bring imagination and excitement to provide our children with magical memories? If so …. Grove Academy is the place for you!
What can we offer you?
• First and foremost, we want Grove Academy to be a great place to work, a place where you will feel valued for your hard work.
• A chance to blur the lines and learn from the best practices in EYFS, primary and secondary phases and enable you to develop your expertise and interests across phases.
• As the school grows so will the leadership pathways available to suitable candidates because our philosophy is to ‘grow our own’ where possible.
Closing date: 22nd May 2019
To discuss the post further, please email Ms Andrea Fricker, Principal, firstname.lastname@example.org She can give you a ring to discuss if this is the job for you. So if you are thinking 'I can't do that!', I haven't got the experience in leadership, think of our mantra - 'I can't do that ...YET!'
For more information go to www.groveacademy.co.uk
CVs are not accepted so please complete the online application form.
Grove Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will require an enhanced DBS check.
Grove Academy is part of the SASH Education Trust, which is a charitable company limited by guarantee. Company No 07956692. Registered in England and Wales. Registered Offices: Ditton Park Academy, Kings Reach, Slough