We have an exciting opportunity for an excellent Reception Class Teacher to join our Junior Boys’ School from January 2018. This is a full-time temporary post to cover maternity leave and may be required for up to 12 months. As an experienced practitioner you’ll be committed to raising standards at all levels; delivering excellent lessons and enthusing pupils through your passion for teaching.
To be successful in this role, you must be:-
- Suitably qualified with QTS obtained in either Foundation Stage or Key Stage 1
- An excellent practitioner with experience teaching Reception
- Passionate in using your knowledge of current theory and practice in teaching and learning so to provide highly effective curriculum delivery
- An effective team player, willing to participate fully in the School’s extra-curricular programme and wider school life
- Engaged with the School's ethos, thinking creatively and reflectively within an open, honest and hardworking team.
Above all you need to like children, to want the very best for them and be prepared to put their needs first. You recognise the importance of educating the whole child – including all learners – and achieving high standards, within a creative, broad and innovative curriculum.
In return we offer a positive working environment, with supportive colleagues and regular opportunities for professional development and training. We expect all of our staff to engage in pedagogical reflection and development, and to contribute to on-going improvements in learning and curriculum design and delivery.