Reception Services Assistant
Facilities and Catering
£11,388 - £14,252
Monday - Sunday (5 days out of 7)
Part time, 25.5 hours over 3 days.
The role of Reception Services Assistant is that of a ‘people person’ you don’t necessarily need Receptionist experience. If you have a warm smile, organised mind, an eye for detail and great customer skills, our training will do the rest.
We are looking for flexible, friendly individuals to join the lovely front of house team to provide our visitors with the best experience possible.
What you’ll be doing
• Delivering high quality customer service face-to-face, via written communication and over the telephone, demonstrating a strong knowledge of the business.
• Managing the arrival and security of all visitors to the company.
• Provide an efficient switchboard service.
• Assisting with all reception administration.
• Managing the badge access system in line with company security policies, changing and adding access by request with business requirements. Monitoring and reporting any security issues.
• Managing bookings on our meeting room booking system (Manhattan Space Scheduling) ensuring all details are present and correct.
• Processing requests from HR for new temporary staff, keeping records up to date and organising appropriate access.
• Preparing reports on meetings for colleagues and the maintenance teams. Communicating any special requirements to appropriate departments.
• Contributing successfully to the peak standardisation meeting sessions.
What we’re looking for
For someone who has exceptional communication skills with the ability to learn quickly. Experience in using computer software would be essential but we will train you up on our internal system and offer a wide range of courses to improve your skills on the computer.
You will need to be able to work under pressure and enjoy a high paced role.
Who we are
Cambridge Assessment is Europe's largest assessment group, incorporating three major awarding bodies. It plays a leading role in researching, developing and delivering assessment to eight million candidates in 170 countries every year. The Group is a department of the University of Cambridge and a not-for-profit organisation.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a market leader and be rewarded with valuable learning opportunities, a competitive salary and benefits.
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a comprehensive package of benefits to help with your life both inside and outside of work:
- Generous contributory pension
- 28 days annual leave, plus bank holidays
- Annual performance related bonus and increases (discretionary)
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay and childcare voucher scheme
- Employee discount and cash back scheme at 2,500 retailers
- Cycle scheme
- Season Ticket Loan
- Subsidised staff restaurants
- Support for professional qualifications
- Discounted access to the University of Cambridge Sport Centre, along with various other local gyms.
We know that diversity of thinking, backgrounds and approaches leads to innovation and creates an atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued. As well as wanting to create diverse teams, we also value diversity in the way our people approach their work. Work/life balance is important to us at Cambridge Assessment and we offer our colleagues a range of flexible working options according to the needs of the business and the individual, so please let us know of any flexible working requirements when applying and we can see how we can support you.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 11th November 2018 and interviews will be held on 15th and 16th November.
If you’re successful at interview stage we will ask you to undergo background screening (carried out by Credence Background Screening Ltd), to ensure that all information provided to us is accurate. We wish you all the very best with your application.
CAMBRIDGE ASSESSMENT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER