Weyfield Primary Academy is a ‘Good School’ judged by Ofsted 2015 in all categories. ‘Good teaching and an exciting curriculum ensure that pupils engage well in learning’, with ‘Reception provision ensuring a good start for all children as a secure foundation for later success’. A positive ethos and community spirit is promoted by all of the adults around the academy, with behaviour being exemplary. Our core purpose is to provide every child with an outstanding education, so that they can develop into confident young people with a sense of self-worth – who believe they can make a difference in the world.
The children, staff and governors of Weyfield Primary Academy are looking for an excellent, forward looking and inspirational teacher to join our team. You will have a clear understanding of learning and teaching in Reception and will build on our existing good practice to make learning irresistible, inclusive and effective for the children in our school. This post would suit either an experienced teacher or an NQT.
You will need to:
- be an excellent classroom practitioner
- have experience of teaching in Reception
- be a professional who inspires children, including them as active learners
- experience of developing children with SEND as well as stretching high achievers
- be calm, caring and supportive of the inclusive ethos of our school
- have high expectations for standards of achievement, progress and behaviour
- be an effective team member/leader, organised, hardworking and flexible
- have a passion for teaching and the ability to inspire and motivate
- be an excellent role model.
We can offer:
- Happy, responsive children
- Good professional development opportunities
- A caring, committed and inclusive ethos
- The opportunity to develop classroom and leadership responsibilities
- A committed friendly & supportive staff team.
- A newly developed outside Reception learning area meaning that ‘Children are provided with imaginative and creative activities reflecting all the areas of the EYFS curriculum, inside and outside’.
Weyfield Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all its children and expects all staff to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to full safeguarding checks as well as satisfactory references.
We invite you to visit and a warm welcome is guaranteed! For an application pack or to arrange a visit, please contact Jayne Thorne on 01483 598956. Application packs are available via the school office. Please forward completed application forms together with a letter of application to the school office marked for the attention of Jayne Thorne. Electronic applications are welcome.
Closing Date: 5pm on 22nd December 2016.
Interviews: Interviews will commence from January 2017
Weyfield Primary Academy
Expectations – Opportunity – Success
School Close, Woking Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1QJ