We are looking for an innovative, dynamic Foundation Stage specialist with a growth mindset, high expectations and the ability to lead change. GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with good facilities with a reputation for academic excellence, placing the success of each student at the centre of our mission. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff.
We require a highly effective, skilled Foundation Stage teacher with leadership experience and secure understanding and knowledge of the Foundation Stage curriculum and Development Matters. This is a non-classroom based leadership post. The successful candidate will lead a Reception team of outstanding teachers and teaching assistants along with assisting the Head of Early Years with the leadership of our Early Years Centre. You will have a record of leading successful school change and have experience in student welfare and a knowledge and understanding of enquiry based learning. We are seeking someone who is committed to high quality learning and teaching and keen to further their career.
We value skills based learning along with meeting the rigorous requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum. The school is focused on creating the best environments for our students to grow and develop academically, emotionally, physically and socially. With a positive and progressive outlook, based on the latest research, we seek to constantly improve the provision for learning. GIS uses the latest technology to enhance learning, we provide a 1:1 iPad programme and use Google Apps for Education as a learning platform.
Successful candidate must
- Have a proven track record of outstanding Foundation Stage practice
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance learning within the classroom
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- Have a strong learning-focused philosophy
- Have experience of enquiry-based learning and/or thematic cross curricular learning
- Forest schools experience would be an advantage
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
We recommend early application as we reserve the right to appoint prior to the closing date.
Closing date for applications is the 31st of December 2016.
Interviews will take place in London in January 2017.
Please review the booklet: ‘Information for Applicants’ (in Attachments) prior to applying for this role.
To apply for this post please click the link below:
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (DBS or equivalent).