Role: To contribute to key objectives of the Academy Development Plan, ‘Raising standards of achievement’ by: efficiently and professionally managing a busy switchboard; undertaking administration duties, ensuring compliance with safeguarding protocols.
NB: All post-holders at The White Rose Academies Trust are responsible for improving the outcomes for learners and upholding the ethos of the Academies. The five principles of the Children’s Act: Every Child Matters guide the work of every adult working at or associated with Leeds East Academy.
Grade: A1/3 (£15,454 - £16,191) Full Time 37 Hours P/W All Year Round
General responsibilities: Be responsible for opening the Reception and ensure the switchboard is operated from 8am each morning
- Act as the first point of contact for parents and visitors providing a courteous, professional, calm and friendly service
- Retrieving telephone messages/emails, taking telephone messages and dealing with basic telephone enquiries
- Liaising with students/staff/visitors on a daily basis
- Signing in and out of visitors and contractors complying with LEA safeguarding protocols
- Provide an excellent customer service to parents, colleagues and visitors to the academy
- Ensure incoming and outgoing mail is dealt with daily, including taking the outgoing mail to post office.
- Signing for and taking delivery of parcels
- To promote equality, diversity and inclusion and demonstrate this within the role.
- To be jointly responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students
To undertake routine administrative tasks, including:
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, faxing, emailing, completing routine forms (whole academy photocopying as required)
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Record keeping, data input and retrieval
- Keeping the pigeon holes updated with new staff/leavers
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks
- To use Microsoft Office and Databases effectively to deliver administrative tasks
- To communicate effectively with customers and colleagues in relation to work undertaken
- To work with others to help improve work organisation and effectiveness
Assist the Executive Administration Manager in carrying out Finance related tasks
- Ensure the franking machine is maintained
- Manage and update Staff Telephone List allocating new extension numbers for new members of staff.
- To undertake general office duties as required
- Booking of meeting rooms
- Booking of taxi’s when required
- Support the admin team with daily tasks
- Providing Hospitality on arrival if required
- Manage Stationary, carry out stock take and reorder for Admin department.
- Support the work of the behaviour team as directed by the Behaviour Leader
- Support the admin requirements of the inclusion team as directed by the inclusion leader.
Leeds East Academy – Soaring to Success
Leeds East Academy is an 11-16 school, flourishing in a state of the art new building which provides a fantastic learning environment for students. We are a vibrant and expanding school which thrives at the heart of a diverse and dynamic community. We provide an exceptional education and life training; harnessing the skills and fortifying the aspirations of young people, who we know will transform the region and provide a positive, progressive contribution to society. Our vision at Leeds East Academy is clear: we will be Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
The White Rose Academies Trust is a local trust dedicated to raising and fulfilling the ambitions of young people. Our academies throughout Leeds are at the heart of the communities they serve, which is why we are committed to delivering an outstanding education to every one of our students. The Trust employs over 300 outstanding professionals who are committed to unlocking the potential of the next generation. Working in partnership with Gorse Academies Trust, we are on a significant journey which will see all of our schools Ofsted rated as outstanding within three years.
We are sponsored by Leeds City College, who provides expertise, international networks and highly desirable employability prospects within education and beyond.
If you would like to apply for this role please visit the careers page on our website at www.leedseastacademy.org.uk to download an application form. Once completed please return to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Monday 20th November (3pm)
Shortlisting: Tuesday 21st November
Interviews: Wednesday 22nd November