Full Time (9.00am-5.00pm - Term Time only - 39 weeks a year)
St Mary Magdalene C of E School leads The Koinonia Federation, along with Christ Church C of E Primary School.
We are looking to appoint a full time Receptionist/Administrator to work in our very busy Secondary Phase Reception office at our Greenwich Peninsula Campus.
This post will involve ensuring the smooth running of the school’s reception area and being the first point of call for parents, visitors and all stakeholders.
We would like to invite applications from individuals who:
- Are experienced working in a school and have experience of school systems such as SIMS (this is essential). Experience within a secondary school setting is preferred
- Have a confident, friendly and professional manner and who can communicate effectively with parents, visitors, colleagues, governors and pupils (incl. face to face, via the telephone and using electronic communication)
- Are able to work well as part of a hardworking team but can also work independently using their own initiative
- Have excellent IT skills and are confident using spreadsheets and all other Microsoft Office packages
- Are willing to learn and support in the use of various software packages used by teachers, parents and pupils
We can offer:
- A supportive, motivated and strongly committed staff.
- A positive, supportive and happy environment.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Energetic and enthusiastic pupils.
- A supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities.
Salary APT&C Scale 3 - £22,185 - £22,587 FTE (please note this will be pro rated to 35 hours per week, 39 weeks of the year - actual salary £19,250-£19,500 per annum).
Closing date: Sunday 5th December 2021
Please note there is no onsite parking available - please consider this before submitting an application.
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
The amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) provides that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are considered 'protected'. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, they cannot be taken into account.
Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found of the Ministry of Justice website.
St Mary Magdalene C of E School is a co-educational, all-through school based in Greenwich, south-east London. The school has both primary and secondary phases. The secondary phase has approximately 560 students aged 11-18 and 80 staff.