Ark Putney Academy Receptionist/Administrator
Required as soon as possible
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a ‘good’ school.
Reporting to: Office Manager
Location: Ark Putney Academy
Working Pattern: Monday to Friday, 36 hours per week from 9.00am to 17.00pm, all year round. 25 days holiday per year which must be taken during the holiday period. No holidays can be taken during term time.
Salary: Ark Support Scale 6: Pay Points 19 - 26: £22,858- £27,676, 25 days holiday per annum which must be taken during the holiday periods.
We are looking to recruit a Receptionist/Administrator. As the Receptionist, you will be the welcoming face of the school and will provide a positive first impression to all visitors, students and staff, and provide general administrative support.
Our ideal candidate will:
• Act as the school’s main receptionist, providing a first point of contact for all incoming communications to ensure that they are answered in a timely and professional manner, presenting a positive image of the Academy
• Interact with parents, carers, colleagues and visitors to the school, at all levels of seniority, with confidence, tact and professionalism
• Ensure safeguarding procedures are followed for all visitors, including maintaining single central record and appropriately handling incoming calls and enquiries
• Deal effectively with school post, receive deliveries and maintain electronic mail systems, ensuring that information is passed to relevant staff in a timely manner
• Ensure that queries are dealt with effectively, taking the initiative to identify and handle issues that arise on behalf of the leadership team and others
• Maintain Free School Meals system (processing & administration) – all years
• Maintain databases, including personal records and assessment details on students, using Bromcom, the student information management system and ensure all student files are kept up-to-date and accurate
• Print ID passes: incl. staff and Sixth Form. Access passes are printed by site staff but Receptionist to ensure that they are printed on for ease of identification
• Issue temporary passes and maintain the temporary access pass spreadsheets on the shared drive
• Daily admin of confiscated phones
• Meeting room bookings
• Taxi bookings – keeping a record in the spreadsheet on the shared drive
• School Lockers – issue keys and contracts
We are very happy to talk about the post informally if you require more information.
If you share in our commitment to excellence, we want to hear from you. For information about the school, please go to www.arkputney.org.
Visits to the Academy before application submission are welcomed. Please contact Julie Gray on 0208 394 5615 or email email@example.com to arrange this.
Please complete your online application form by 11am on Tuesday 23 April 2019.
If you have any technical issues please contact the recruitment team on 0203 116 6345 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check