Full Time – 25 hours per week, term time only (39 weeks per year).
St Mary Magdalene C of E School leads The Koinonia Federation, along with Christ Church C of E Primary School. We are looking to appoint a part time Administration Assistant to work in our busy Primary Phase School Office at our Woolwich SE18 Campus.
This post will involve ensuring the smooth running of the school’s reception area and office and being the first point of call for visitors/callers and pupils. We would like to invite applications from individuals who:
- Have a confident, friendly and professional manner and who can communicate effectively with visitors, colleagues, governors, parents and pupils (incl. face to face, telephone and electronic communication)
- Are able to work well as part of a hardworking team but can also work independently on their own initiative
- Are experienced in office procedures and would ideally have experience of working in a school office environment and be familiar with SIMS
- Have experience of working in a customer service based role
- Have excellent IT skills and accurate at word processing
- Confidence in using spreadsheets to process data
We can offer:
- A supportive, motivated and strongly committed staff.
- A positive and happy environment.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Energetic and enthusiastic pupils.
- A supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities.
The position is for 25 hours, working 5 days each week term time only (incl. INSET days) and will be paid on Scale 3 of the APT&C Scale. Working hours are 8.30am-2.00 pm with 30 mins for lunch each day.
We are very lucky to have fantastic public transport links to our Woolwich campus - we are a 10 minute walk from Woolwich Main Line station and DLR and a number of bus stops very close to the school, coming from all the surrounding areas.
The Koinonia Federation is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory DBS & pre-employment safeguarding checks and references.
The amendments to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (2013 and 2020) provides that when applying for certain jobs and activities, certain convictions and cautions are considered 'protected'. This means that they do not need to be disclosed to employers, and if they are disclosed, they cannot be taken into account.
Guidance about whether a conviction or caution should be disclosed can be found of the Ministry of Justice website.
We are a Federation of two schools - St Mary Magdalene CofE School and Christ Church CofE Primary School - located over four sites in Royal Greenwich, we work together as one team.
St Mary Magdalene CofE School was judg...