37 hours per week, term time only
39 (Paid weeks – 44.07)
Hillsview Academy, which opened in September 2014, is an 11-19 academy of 635 students situated in the Teesville area of Redcar and Cleveland. We are within easy access of Middlesbrough and the Tees Valley and only 10 minutes from the A19 motorway.
Since the amalgamation from two predecessor schools we have worked hard at establishing a new school community which we can all be proud of. Our students are proud to learn here and clearly want to be successful – all they need is you!
We are seeking to appoint a Receptionist & Administration Assistant who will:
- Be the first point of contact for receipt of incoming messages and locate and relay information to the relevant personnel as required
- To receive and manage all enquiries and visitors to the Academy appropriately
- To provide an efficient telephone service dealing with in-coming calls
- To deliver telephone and written messages within the Academy and email messages where appropriate
- To ensure the reception areas are welcoming and tidy
- To provide refreshment for visitors and meetings as required
- To assist with general word-processing (e.g. newsletter) and reprographics to produce a variety of documents (including weekly Bulletins, letters to parents, schemes of work, teaching staff resources, Extra Curricular booklet, etc).
- To provide administrative support (production of letters, certificates, programmes, signs, badges, name cards, etc as required) for specific Academy events including Presentation Evening and Open Evening.
- To perform general office duties as required e.g. address envelopes, look up student information, make up information packs etc
- To oversee the preparation and distribution of incoming and outgoing mail and fax communications, including the franking of mail and recording and dispatch of exam entries/prospectus/documents by recorded delivery
- Maintain appropriate stock of consumables including stationery and printer/copier cartridges
- Update and maintain Academy distribution lists, including telephone numbers and contact details
In return we will offer you:
- A professional, hardworking and supportive team of staff with the capability and desire to raise student achievement even further
- Enthusiastic students who are willing to learn and are proud of their learning environment
- Opportunities for further professional development
- Extra-curricular activities and facilities for staff
- A caring and supportive working environment within a vibrant Academy community.
You will be joining an excellent, highly skilled team from across the Academy.
We actively welcome visits so you can learn more about us. Please contact Sue Chevalier (PA to the Principal) at firstname.lastname@example.org
As the sponsor, AET believes that all young people deserve to become world-class learners – to learn, enjoy, succeed and thrive in a first rate educational environment with the best facilities, the best teaching and the most up-to-date resources available to them. In each of our academies, you will benefit from visionary, inspirational and dynamic leadership and be empowered to develop your own skills with access to world-class CPD and Talent Management programmes. You will also be entitled to the following benefits: a health cash plan, vehicle affinity scheme and childcare vouchers.
The post start date is as soon as possible. Interviews will be held as soon as possible after the closing date.
Closing date: Friday 28 September 2018
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We are unable to accept CV’s as part of our safeguarding policies.
For further information on this position and to make an application please click apply on the TES advert.
We are committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts. This post will be subject to enhanced checks as part of our Prevent Duty.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. Further details can be found on our careers page.