The School Receptionist and PA to the Head of School’s main aim is to maintain warm, professional standards as the front line to the school; to manage telephone, email and face-to-face enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner, promoting the school in a positive manner and to provide professional, efficient administrative assistance to the Head of School, supporting and encouraging the school’s ethos and its objectives, policies and procedures.
The role will also involve collaboration with pupils, parents, staff members, as well as the Board of Directors. The responsibilities will vary from time to time as the needs of the school determine.
The post holder will be required to exercise her/his professional skills and judgement to carry out, in a collaborative manner, the professional duties set out below. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- As the first point of contact, greet, welcome and and sign-in all visitors to the school, following security protocols at all times and making sure they are aware of safeguarding and evacuation procedures
- Manage telephone, email and face to face enquiries in a friendly and efficient manner, promoting the school in a positive manner
- Take and pass on any messages or queries from parents to the appropriate member of staff
- Assist parents with their queries and requests, particularly during drop off and pick up in the afternoon
- Ensure that the School Reception area and foyer is kept tidy, professional and welcoming
- Sort incoming post and send out post and parcels when requested
- Monitor and maintain general stationery supplies for the school
- Make bookings for school trips and house activities
- Assist the Operations Director and Admissions and Marketing Manager with open day and marketing preparations and administration
- Work flexibly as reasonably required by the School, and support staff where needed
PA to the Head of School
- Manage the Head of School’s diary, organising meetings for the Head, including inviting other participants to meetings
- Arrange external meetings and related travel
- Ensure all emails and documents needing the Head of School’s approval are brought to her attention and dealt with in a timely manner
- Proof-read and distribute the Head of School’s and other school letters and add to the school MIS as appropriate
- Bring to the Head of School’s attention all relevant matters arising from telephone conversations with parents
- Assist members of the Leadership Team as required
- Liaise with the Director of Operations and admin Managers as necessary
- Communicate with professionalism, warmth and friendliness
- Professionally support pupils, staff, parents and external agencies
- Experience of being a successful receptionist in an international school setting
- High level of interest in and passion for international school education
- Experience of contributing to the positive environment and ethos of an international school
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- An understanding of online management information systems e.g. iSAMS
- Ability to be a good team player with a good understanding of how teamwork contributes to harmonious school life and purposeful school development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, prioritise tasks and manage time effectively in order to meet deadlines.
Disposition – evidence of
- Commitment to excellence and to significantly contribute to the success of the school.
- Personal and intellectual qualities required to work alongside and set an example to others.
- Ability to work on own initiative and be proactive.
- Flexibility, drive, energy and enthusiasm.
- Approachability and a sense of humour.
If you are keen to be involved in building a brand new school in Tokyo and feel excited by the challenges this brings, then we look forward to hearing from you.
Phoenix House International School is managed and operated by Clarence Education Asia. www.clarenceeducation.asia
Applications are invited through the TES application portal with application form & a letter of application.
Closing date for applications: Friday 30th April 2021. Early applications are encouraged.
The interview process will take place during May 2021. Due to COVID-19, in-person school visits may not be possible.
For more details about our school, please visit our website: www.phoenixhouseschool.org
Phoenix House International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. Short-listed candidates will undergo background checks, including following-up references with previous employers.
Phoenix House International School
- Mainstream school with independent funding
- All-through School
- Students of mixed gender, age 5 - 13 years
It is with huge pride that Phoenix House school will formally open in August 2021 in Tokyo and Hokkaido. The school will seek to offer a creative and innovative British style independent school education within the rich international culture of Japan...