The Chalk Hills Academy has an exciting new role for a Receptionist/Clerical Assistant; to staff the main reception, switchboard within the Academy, responding to queries from the public, staff and students. Also providing administrative support in the Administration Team. You will become an integral member of our busy team welcoming visitors to the Chalk Hills Academy. With four members of staff in the team with responsibility for looking after reception, reprographics and all general admin tasks. A great opportunity to work in education which shows as our last four receptionists have been promoted within the academy! Full training will be given.
If you want to grow and develop in a fast paced, dynamic and successful Academy, come and join us at The Chalk Hills Academy!
· Capable person with experience of dealing with the general public and working in a busy environment
· Will preferably have experience of working with young people or within a school environment
· Good communicator
· Approachable, hard worker, ability to work as part of a team and also alone
· Undertake ad hoc tasks
· Good team player
· Is willing to be flexible if necessary
Start date asap
Salary NJC L2 4-5 £18,933-£19,315
Job Role Permanent, Full time, 52 weeks per year 25 days holiday
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the deadline date.
Why work for Chalk Hills Academy?
· £30 million state of the art building with well-equipped classrooms in an Ofsted rated ‘Good’ school
· You’ll be working alongside a collaborative, forward thinking Principal and Senior Leadership Team who are here to support and develop you
· Unparalleled CPD opportunities with free courses every Thursday catered to your developmental needs
· Excellent opportunities to develop and grow in a successful and expanding Academy
· Freshly brewed coffee for staff on arrival to the academy every morning in your own 12oz Bamboo reusable cup
· Employee of the month scheme winning shopping vouchers
· Fantastic staff benefits that make a difference to your work life balance
Here’s what Ofsted have to say “Together with your leadership team, governors and the trust you have established high expectations for behaviour, teaching and achievement. Leaders have made sure that strategies are in place which have led to improvements in the quality of teaching, learning, assessment and the curriculum. Leaders have high expectations for pupils’ behaviour. Leaders work well with staff to ensure that the school is typically a calm, orderly and purposeful environment.” Ofsted May 2018
‘We believe in the safeguarding and welfare of children and expect all staff to share this view’.
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service. We are an equal opportunities employer.
The Department for Education (DfE) has set out statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’ for schools and colleges on safeguarding.
Safeguarding is defined in paragraph 4 as: “Protecting children from maltreatment; preventing impairment of children’s health or development; ensuring that children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care; and taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes.”
The definition of 'children' includes everyone under the age of 18.
The Chalk Hills Academy
- Mainstream school with state - academy funding
- Secondary with sixth form
- Students of mixed gender, age 11 - 18 years
Welcome to The Chalk Hills Academy, one of the four Academies under The Shared Learning Trust.
Vision and Values
'Strive, achieve, believe!' - We want our children to strive for their goals, achieve those goals and believe that with the right d...