The School is seeking to appoint a part-time, term-time only receptionist on Wednesdays (9am – 5pm) and Fridays (2pm – 8pm), with the possibility of extra evenings (optional). The reception role is really valued and important as the post-holder will be communicating with students, staff, parents and visitors to the School, supporting with the administration behind this and events at the School.
• Receive guests and visitors, including school Governors.
• Liaise with parents, visitors and members of the public.
• Answer the telephone, open and distribute post, send and receive faxes.
• Provide general advice and guidance for staff, pupils and others
• Administer visitor book and badges in line with Health & Safety recommendations.
• Take and prioritise all messages.
• Post letters and parcels, including exams and coursework, and maintain school proformas.
• Arrange catering for school visitors, meetings and events, ensuring best value.
• Assist and support the Senior Leadership Team as required.
• Assist and support the Cover Officer and Exams Officer as required.
• Other duties that arise in a school term that can be reasonably expected, as delegated by the Senior Leadership Team.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL
• Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. The School is a mainstream Academy for 1,170 pupils and around 200 staff.
• Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
• The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills which meet the demands of interacting with a wide range of individuals.
• General office experience including answering phones, providing a reception service and dealing with a range of administrative tasks at the same time.
• Able to take accurate messages and follow up where necessary.
• Efficient, supportive and helpful.
• High personal standards of performance; takes pride in own work.
• Experience of using the full suite of Microsoft Office programmes.
• Well presented: this is a front of house post and the post holder will be expected to dress in line with the School’s Staff Dress Code at all times.
• Positive, professional attitude.
• Friendly and approachable.
• Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality at all times.
• Commitment to the Christian values and ethos of the School.
• Experience of using SIMs or similar database.
• Experience of working in a school and knowledge of school systems and processes.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill out an application form available to download from: stmarylebone.school/contact/vacancies/
Completed application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 9am, Monday 24th February 2020
Interviews: w/c 24th February 2020