Hours: 36 hrs/week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: BEX Grade 061 to 074 £20,667 - £24,999 per annum (depending on experience)
Who we are
Odyssey Trust for Education is the innovative collaboration between the high performing Townley Grammar School and Erith Secondary Modern school, now known as King Henry School. Highlighted by Nick Gibb as an example of best practice and featured in the ground-breaking documentary, “Grammar Schools: Who Will Get In?”
We strive to develop and maintain an environment where students are valued, their needs are met and they are given the opportunity to reach their full potential academically and socially. We focus on character education, inclusion and student mental health.
Who are we looking for?
We are seeking to appoint a motivated, enthusiastic, innovative and skilled Recruitment Officer. Appointed to work across the Trust, you provide an efficient staff recruitment service ensuring that the practices in all the schools meet safer recruitment requirements.
Reporting to the Head of HR, you will be the first point of contact for all recruitment queries so the ability to communicate well with staff, applicants, recruitment agencies and external bodies as well as managing and prioritising workload is crucial.
Some of the duties and responsibilities include:
• Writing adverts
• Arranging and conducting interviews, preparing interview feedback, as well as carrying our relevant pre-employment checks, in line with employment legislation and Trust policies and procedures
• Assisting in the providing HR information for audit and internal Trust requirements
• Assisting in the periodic review of all job descriptions, as well as ensuring each new employee has signed a copy upon commencement of contract
• Assisting/creating contracts of employment
• Updating the Single Central Record and Staff Handbook
The successful candidate will have experience in operational high volume recruitment and an understanding of the particular demands and statutory obligations imposed on an education setting.
The Trust offers the opportunity for professional development.
The closing date for all applications is 20th November 2018
Odyssey Trust for Education is committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All successful applicants will be subject to fully Enhanced DBS check and robust pre-employment checks.