An exciting opportunity has arisen for a new Regional Finance Assistant to join one of the UKs largest and fastest growing multi-academy trusts: Oasis Community Learning. Having grown from 1 to 48 academies in the last 12 years we are excited for new developments ahead; this is a great chance for you to come in and lead, inspire and create new chances for the people in the communities we work in.
Join an organisation dedicated to transforming lives and communities today!
What Oasis Offers
In return for your hard work we will offer you:
- A strong Continuous Professional Development programme with training opportunities
- A supportive network and family of staff in a motivating working environment
- A competitive pension scheme with defined benefits, life cover and lower tax
- A generous annual leave allowance of 25 + 8 (Bank Holiday) days per year rising to 30 + 8 after 2 years of service (pro rata based on working term time only plus three weeks)
About Oasis Community Learning
Born of the Oasis global charity we are one of the largest multi-academy trusts in the UK. Working in disadvantaged areas of England we aim to provide exceptional education at the heart of the community and offer support to those in need within the area. Our ethos is a core part of our everyday practice and something each of our staff champion daily; Equality, Inclusion, Healthy Relationships, Hope and Perseverance.
About the Role
We are looking for an individual to join us to support our Academy based finance staff. We need someone confident and competent with a great eye for detail to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely fashion and in line with the scheme of delegation.
This post involves working across all Academies within the North West cluster. Ensuring that transactions are processed in an accurate and timely manner and in accordance with Oasis financial policies.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have the appropriate academic qualifications to at least GCSE Level (or equivalent) or ability to demonstrate literacy and numerical competency through proven experience
- Have previous experience of use of an accounting package within an accounting environment
- Have previous experience in an accounts environment or equivalent within Secondary Education
- Have good working knowledge of Word & Excel
- Have a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
If you are up for a challenge in a fast moving and rewarding environment that can really make a difference the educational outcomes of children and young people, then please do apply.
To apply for the position, please send your completed application form and equal opportunities to firstname.lastname@example.org by no later than 11am on Thursday 21st September 2017. Interviews for this role are scheduled to take place w/c Monday 25th September
If you have any questions or require any further information, please contact a member of the recruitment team on 020 7921 4262.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. All staff with be subject to appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks and referencing.
Oasis Community Learning supports Equal Opportunities Employment.
Oasis Community Learning is a company limited by Guarantee registered in England and Wales no. 5398529 and is an exempt charity under the terms of the Charities Act 1993 and 2006
This post is covered by Part 7 of the Immigration Act (2016) and therefore the ability to speak fluent and spoken English is an essential requirement for this role
Oasis is committed to making a difference to the lives of the communities it works in, and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Oasis ethos. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff to share this commitment and to undergo appropriate checks, including enhanced DBS checks.