Ark is an international charity, transforming lives through education. We exist to make sure that every child, regardless of background, has access to a great education and real choices in life.
We know that great schools need great teachers, which is why we offer you the very best training and support at every stage of your career - from starting out as an NQT to running your own school.
Our highly-successful network of 35 schools educates over 22,000 students across Birmingham, Hastings, London and Portsmouth. They are achieving some of the best results in the country despite being largely in areas of historic academic underachievement.
But we want every child to succeed, whether they go to an Ark school or not, so we are constantly developing new teaching techniques and programmes, discovering what works in our schools before rolling them out more widely. Innovative programmes that started life at Ark include English Mastery, Maths Mastery, and Ambition School Leadership.
We are looking to recruit an outstanding teacher, ideally with leadership experience, to work as Network Lead Teacher for Science in some of our highest priority schools across South London, Portsmouth and Hastings. The successful candidate will preferably be either a physicist or a chemist but all applications demonstrating the competencies needed for the post are invited and will be seriously considered.
The support you offer our leaders and teachers will be vital in ensuring that all of our schools achieve the same successes. Joining a regional leadership team led by a Regional Director, you will use your passion, subject knowledge and expertise in Science to drive forward the quality of teaching and learning. Based in one school, you will model great practice through a partial teaching timetable but you will also travel around the region to coach and lead others. This in an exciting role that requires flexibility, a team spirit, and a willingness to learn and it will suit individuals who want to take a step-up and work at a senior leadership level in Science, across a range of schools.
Our expectations are high. We are aiming to ensure that all our schools show strong progress in Science so that students can progress onto further study, university or employment of their choice.
The successful candidate will:
• be an outstanding teacher with a proven track record of securing excellent outcomes
• have an up-to-date knowledge of the subject curricula and assessment requirements
• have had experience of leading a subject area or holding a leadership responsibility within a school where a clear impact has been made through the proactive work they have done • be proficient in teaching Science, preferably to GCE
• have proven experience of identifying and implementing effective strategies for improving attainment in Science in urban schools at KS3, 4 and preferably 5
• have a highly effective style that is both consultative and influential
• be able to demonstrate resilience, motivation and commitment to driving up standards of achievement
• be able to work across a group of schools and show significant impact in developing capacity and improving outcomes for young people (involving being based in South London but working also in Hastings or Portsmouth as required)
• be aligned with Ark’s ethos of growth mindset, high aspirations and high expectations of self and others.
Start Date: September 2018
Salary: £45,000-£60,000 depending on experience
Closing date: Monday 23rd April at 11am
Interviews: Thursday 26 April at Bolingbroke Academy
Ark Bolingbroke Academy, Wakehurst Rd, London SW11 6BF
Ark Evelyn Grace Academy, Shakespeare Road, London, SE24 0QN
Ofsted: Bolingbroke: Good (2013)
Evelyn Grace: Good (2017)
Extensive travel across South London will be required with weekly visits to Hastings/Portsmouth. Travel requests made of the post-holder will not expect more than one overnight stay in any week.
There are two posts available, one based at Bolingbroke Academy, near Clapham Junction and the other at Evelyn Grace Academy, near Brixton station/Loughborough Junction station.
To apply, please go to https://goo.gl/dNh5bJ.
Please submit your application by Monday 23rd April at 11am. If you would like to discuss the role, or have any queries, please contact the recruitment team on HR@arkbolingbrokeacademy.org
Ark is committed to safeguarding children; successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service check