N.B: The role will be based at our Northwich Campus - Hartford Manor, Greenbank Lane, CW8 1HW from September 2019
OneSchool Global UK is part of the One School Global network, one of the most extensive and progressive networks of schools and educational support services in the world. With schools in 20 countries worldwide, our 9,000 students are benefiting from the amazing results of global collaboration and cutting-edge educational methods such as Self-Directed Learning.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a well-qualified, exceptionally determined and skilled SEND professional to join our organisation as a Regional SEND Coordinator. You will be responsible for leading strategically on the Co-ordination, Provision and Outcomes of Special Educational Needs and Disabilities across multiple campuses. This will include developing, implementing and auditing strategies to fully meet the needs of every student from Year 3 to Year 13 with Special Educational Needs and Disabilities within the region, to ensure equal opportunities and consistently strong progress of all learners.
It is important that applicants applying possess a detailed knowledge of the Regulatory and Statutory requirements which govern SEND provision in the specified region, which in this case covers England, Northern Ireland and Scotland.
On occasion, travel to other campuses in the region will be required which may include overnight stays. The role, based centrally in the region, will support eight campuses: Knockloughrim, Newry, Caledonia, Ridgeway, Lancaster, Nottingham, Northwich and York.
N.B. Visits prior to application are warmly welcomed so you can come and see for yourself what makes OneSchool Global UK such a special and unique place to work.
• Through engagement with all campuses in the region, you will ensure and guide the quality of provision for all Registered students by identifying appropriate strategies for class teachers to employ in their differentiated student support
• Ensure consistent implementation across all campuses in the region with regards to assessing, supporting, resourcing, documenting, reviewing and reporting, in line with the Assess, Plan, Do, Review approach.
• Ensure that effective systems including Risk Assessments are in place in regional Campuses to identify and meet the needs of all students with SEND
• Plan and deliver training regionally and nationally, as part of a team of four Regional SENCOs
• Support the EHCP process and equivalent in Scottish and Northern Irish campuses.
• Liaise closely with parents of students with EHC Plans, and other external agencies, to maintain effective partnerships. Both directly and through the campus teams.
• Monitor, record and evaluate the impact of effective interventions in Campuses
• Identify and support the professional development needs of staff working to support students with additional learning needs
• Advise the Learning Support Governors
• Possess Qualified Teacher Status (QTS)
• Possess an accredited Postgraduate SEND or NASENCo qualification
• Possess a further qualification, or wealth of experience in SEND (SpLD, Autism Spectrum Condition, PMLD) and Teaching & Learning Strategies
• Be able to formulate and deliver high quality feedback and coaching to teachers and leaders
• Possess Excellent planning, co-ordination, time management and organisational skills including assessing risk elements to students
• Possess a willingness to be challenged and be able to take on the views of others
• Be sensitive to the needs of all individuals with tact, decorum and diplomacy
• Be approachable and enthusiastic in helping support both staff and students
• Respect the schools Ethos and Values of our school
• Supportive staff, Trustees and an involved community who are committed to school improvement, who will work with you to achieve your goals
• Students who are enthusiastic and highly motivated with a love of learning
• Excellent premises and well-equipped classrooms providing a modern and technologically advanced learning environment for students
• The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of our students
• A competitive salary including a staff laptop, Car Allowance and Teachers Pension Contributions
• Professional support from OneSchool Global UK to continually progress and develop your career with through our unique Teacher Training Academy - equivalent to 100 hours per academic year
For further information relating to the Campus, or for more information about OneSchool Global UK please visit: http://www.oneschoolglobal.com or follow us on LinkedIn.
To arrange a visit please contact the campus directly on 0161 975 9323. For a pre-application discussion please call Melissa Podlaski on 0330 055 5600, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application pack.
Closing date for application forms: 12pm on Friday 12th July 2019
Interviews will be held week commencing: 15th July 2019
NO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
OneSchool Global UK Northwich Campus is committed to safeguarding and protecting the children and young people that we work with. As such, all posts are subject to a safer recruitment process, including the disclosure of criminal records and vetting checks.
We ensure that we have a range of policies and procedures in place which promote safeguarding and safer working practice across the school. This is in line with statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education 2018 and The Education Act 2002, we expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Charity No. 1066592