Call for applications to join Living Streets
Living Streets, the UK charity for everyday walking, is calling for interested consultants/freelancers to join our associates register. In particular, we are currently seeking applications to support our work across Scotland, covering all Local Authorities.
The nature of our work means that from time to time we need to engage consultants/freelancers to deliver short term assignments on our behalf.
This work is very varied and therefore we are looking for people with wide ranging skills, experience and qualifications.
Work to be delivered could include:
- Carrying out street surveys
- Delivering school assemblies
- Delivering engaging and enjoyable active sessions to children and young people
- Conducting consultation sessions with the public and stakeholders
- Promoting Living Streets Scotland at events
- Gathering evidence and data for case studies and reports
- Helping us to develop detailed travel plans
- Street review events with communities
- Writing material to link with the school curriculum
- Developing resources for young people
- Delivering short term contract projects
School assignments will mainly require good interpersonal skills and an ability to engage schools and communities in our work. Other assignments will require experience of issues related to streets, transport and community engagement pedestrian activity.
We are currently interested in receiving applications from associates with skills and experience delivering projects with children and young people, older people, and community consultation / engagement.
If you would like to apply to be considered for our register of associates, please email email@example.com for an application pack.
We will be reviewing applications as we receive them.
The latest submission for this round of applications will be 5pm on 7th December.