THE LONG EATON SCHOOL
Thoresby Road, Long Eaton, Nottingham. NG10 3NP
Tel: 0115 9732438 Fax: 0115 9737349
11-18 mixed comprehensive, NOR – 1270
Headteacher – Andy Hunt
Scale 3, Point 17, £9.19 per hour Ad Hoc / Relief Basis
We are recruiting for Exam Invigilators to ensure proper conduct of exams in accordance with the guidelines of each exam board, in addition to Northworthy Trust and The Long Eaton School policies and procedures. This role is vital in helping organise students at the start and end of each exam and to ensure any incidents / disturbances during the exam are dealt with immediately. Exam Invigilators are also responsible for checking that the exam room is adequately set up and has the relevant stationery available for the exam, preparing and clearing the room and completion of any relevant paperwork. This could take up to an hour before and / or after completion of each examination. Exam Invigilators must remain vigilant at all times and routinely patrol the exam room to minimise the risk of exam malpractice.
This will include attending training and update sessions relevant to their role.
The Long Eaton School is a highly successful secondary school with 1270 students on roll.
The Long Eaton School:
- is a founding member of the Northworthy Trust;
- is an over-subscribed 11-18 school;
- enjoyed good results at GCSE and ‘best ever’ at A Level last summer;
- converted to Academy status in April 2011
- moved into a £16m PFI brand new school building in February 2006 with state of the art facilities including an Enhanced Resource Centre,
- opened The Malcolm Parry Observatory, a purpose-built facility for astronomy, in January 2012;
- gained the Gold Standard in the Leading Space Education quality mark in February 2013;
- has a highly motivated staff team, enthusiastic students and an “exemplary” governing body;
- has a thriving sixth form with opportunities for further development;
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post is subject to a DBS (formerly Enhanced CRB) Check, Medical Clearance and satisfactory references.
Further details of the post and the school are available from: Telephone: 0115 9732438 or Email: email@example.com