- Diverse flexible role - teach across multiple business subjects!
- Enjoy relief teaching on a full time basis
- Use flexible teaching practices to address individual learning needs and styles
Monash College is the preferred pathway to Monash University for international students. For over 20 years we have been leaders in our field, preparing the next generation of global professionals to succeed at university and in their careers.
At Monash College Diplomas, we offer a guaranteed pathway into bachelor courses at Monash University. We have five diplomas leading to degrees in Arts, Art and Design and Architecture, Business, Engineering, Information Technology and Science. All students who achieve the required grade are offered a place at Monash University with full credit into the second year of their degree studies.
About the role:
We are looking for a Relief Teachers who can teach across a minimum of any two of the following subject areas within the Diploma of Business:
- Business Law
You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality teaching and learning; teaching classes/tutorials of up to 25 students. The role is primarily to undertake cover for teacher absences but may also involve some timetabled teaching.
You will be embedded into our subject area teaching teams and when required, engage in designing curriculum and teaching improvements, development of innovative learning activities, assessment opportunities, and examination and moderation tasks.
The successful applicant will play an integral role in providing our students with an enriching, stable and consistent educational experience.
Essential Experience and Knowledge
- A minimum undergraduate degree with a major in the designated teaching area.
- The ability to adapt teaching practices to suit group and individual learning needs, including working with students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.
- Proven capability to use a range of teaching practices to engage students and sustain positive learning outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability in the use of digital technology to facilitate student learning and the successful use of learning management systems (e.g. Moodle, Blackboard).
- Sound information and digital technology skills.
- The positions require a current Working With Children Check.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
- Occasional travel between campuses may be required.
- Labour Day, Queen's Birthday and Melbourne Cup day are normal working days, without penalty payments for time worked. Five days leave (accrued at 1⅔ per public holiday worked) will be granted in lieu, to be usually taken on the days falling between Christmas Day and New Year's Day.
2 Years full time fixed term contract
Location: Clayton based but may require occasional travel to the city campus in order to attend professional learning, meetings.
Applications Close: April 30, 2018
Strictly no agencies please