Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates for this position.
(Years K-6, Current enrolment 407) The role of the Religious Education Coordinator within a school is one of Christian leadership. Together with the Principal, the Religious Education Coordinator is an integral part of the school management team. Their role in assisting in the development and implementation of school policy related to Religious Education, enhances the achievement of the mission of the Catholic School. The Religious Education Coordinator shall support the Principal of the school through: 1.Leadership in matters relating to the classroom Religious Education programme. 2.Leadership in promoting the religious dimension of the Catholic school. Initial appointment will be for two years, renewable for a further four years subject to a satisfactory performance review.
- Applicants must be a practising Catholic
- Applicants will need to comply with the Accreditation to Work Teach and Lead (formerly FEA ) and will need to work towards Accreditation at Category E – Accreditation for Senior Leadership
- Applicants must have completed, be in the process of completing or agree to complete (within 4 years of appointment) a Graduate Diploma or preferably a Masters Degree in R.E., Theological Studies, Spirituality or Educational Leadership with at least four units from approved areas
- Applicants must have a sound understanding of and commitment to Catholic education
- Applicants must be able to show evidence of recent in-service, formal study or continuing education in Religious Education & Leadership
- Applicants must be an excellent classroom teacher of Religious Education and have a knowledge and understanding of current curriculum developments in Religious Education
- Applicants must have demonstrated leadership and management in Religious Education
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate positive relations with students, staff, parents and clergy and to work effectively as a member of a team
- Your current NESA and Working With Children number must be recorded on your application as well as Date of Birth
- Evidence of completion of anaphylaxis training certificate needs to be supplied Note: To start or return to working as a teacher in a NSW school, you must be accredited by NESA.
- Be willing to liaise with parish personnel to promote the links between school and parish
- Have the ability to model and mentor, lead by example and challenge others in teaching and learning across all KLAs
- Have a commitment to and the skills to enact contemporary learning in the 21st century
- Have well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated capacity to build upon the catholicity of our school community and continue the development of pastoral care initiatives within the school
- Skills to be able to work collaboratively as a member of the executive team
- Confidence to show initiative and implement activities as a leader
- Understanding of current issues/trends in education and have sound knowledge of policy formation and implementation, especially in area of religious education
- Understand positive behaviours for learning and be able to implement in the classroom
- Be able to deliver Balanced English and Mathematics
How to Apply
For further information and instruction on how to apply, please visit the website - https://www.mn.catholic.edu.au/employment/positions-vacant/