Smart Teachers is recruiting for a committed Religious Education Teacher / Philosophy Teacher to join an outstanding all boys secondary school in Sutton, South London. This permanent position, starting January 2019, will include teaching up to A-Level. The school has exceptional results and extensive training and mentoring is available for less experienced teachers. NQTs are welcome to apply to this role.
About the Role
- Religious Education Teacher / Philosophy Teacher
- Full time permanent position
- KS3 through to KS5
- MPS Salary range between £26,000 and £37,000 or Upper Pay Scale of £39,000 - £43,000
About the School
- ‘Outstanding’ all boys’ school
- Excellent behaviour
- Exceptional results rated as one of the best schools in the UK in terms of results
- Very well-resourced department / school
- Lecture theatre for A-Level lessons
- Heavily involved in the community
- Enrichment and extracurricular activities available each week relating to RE and Philosophy
- School gym available for students and staff
In order to be considered for this role, the Religious Education Teacher / Philosophy Teacher will need to meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor of Education / PGCE / or equivalent teaching degree
- Exceptional subject knowledge required
- NQTs and/or OS-trained teachers welcome to apply
- Eligible to work in the UK (must have valid visa)
- Recent classroom-based references and valid DBS / police checks
- Willingness to participate in extracurricular activities and enrichment sessions relating to RE and Philosophy
As well as being part of this school's community, working with Smart Teachers also gives you access to:
- Free CPD workshops
- Regular social events
- Consultant exclusivity
Interested in Applying?
To apply you must be eligible to work in the UK and meet all national safeguarding criteria. Please email your CV to email@example.com quoting job reference number RXN38117.
Due to the high volume of applications received, please note only suitable candidates will be contacted.
Smart Teachers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Candidates registering with Smart Teachers will need to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure via the DBS and/or provide police checks from other countries, where appropriate. Smart Teachers is an equal opportunities employer.