Location: Griffith, ACT
Employment Type: Full-time, Temporary
Salary Range: $71,428 - $119,707 + Superannuation (based on skills and experience)
Start Date: January, 2022
Closing Date: 11.55pm, Sunday 5 December, 2021
St Clare’s College is an inclusive and caring community where learning is valued and students are given every opportunity to grow in all dimensions of their life. We provide a safe and empowering environment for students to reach their full potential. We are a learning community whose teachers strive for the “spiritual, physical, emotional, intellectual, and aesthetic development of all students”.
About the Role
St Clare's is currently seeking an experienced and professional Religious Education Teacher (plus one other subject) to join our inclusive and dynamic team. The position will be required to work collaboratively with their Faculty members to develop and implement high quality and engaging teaching programs which account for the needs of the students in their classes. Additionally, the successful persons will have the ability to ensure that their focus on student learning is continuous, compliant with current curriculum requirements and relative to the needs of students.
- A commitment to the Catholic identity of the College through engagement in relevant programs and practices and in communication with colleagues, students and parents.
- Appropriate qualifications and a commitment to engage in relevant ongoing Professional Learning.
- Applicants must meet the criteria of Category D: Accreditation to Teach Religious Education by being a baptized Catholic (required if teaching RE).
- Successful experience using a range of contemporary approaches to student learning and effective pedagogical practices.
- Demonstrated capacity to work collegially with a range of people and to evaluate professional practices for improvement.
- A clear understanding of and commitment to pastorally supporting young people.
- A high level of organisational and communication skills.
Please refer to the role description for an in-depth detail regarding criteria and skill set required.
Please note: This position involves work in an ACT school. The appointment of successful applicants is subject to compliance with Public Health (ACT School or Early Childhood Education and Care Workers COVID-19 Vaccination) Emergency Direction 2021. Individuals who are appointed to a position in a ACT school are required to have either received two doses of COVID-19 vaccine, or have obtained an approved medical contraindication certificate. Individuals are required to present evidence of either their vaccination status or a medical contraindication certificate to their school to be able to work in a ACT school.
Applications are invited from interested candidates able to demonstrate a commitment to the vision of Catholic Education.
Applicants are required to submit a cover letter and current resume including a statement of suitability against the skills, attributes and experience as outlined in the Position Description
This position involves working with children. The appointment of successful applicants will be subject to satisfactory employment screening for child related employment in accordance with CE policy.
For further information about the School please visit our website. Information about Catholic Education Archdiocese of Canberra & Goulburn can be accessed here.
Position specific queries: Please contact Nicola Edghill on 02 6260 9400 or via email Nicola.Edghill@stcc.act.edu.au
Application queries: Please contact the Recruitment Team on 02 6234 5427 or via email Recruitment@cg.catholic.edu.au