TEACHER OF RELIGIOUS STUDIES (Secondary Phase)
St. Mary Magdalene is a popular and successful school with two school campuses; a primary site in Woolwich and a brand new state of the art all through site on the Greenwich Peninsula. It leads a federation with another primary school in Greenwich (SE10), Christ Church – the Koinonia Federation.
St Mary Magdalene’s secondary phase opened in September 2016 and will provide a total of 900 places for students aged 11-16. It will also offer a sixth form provision from September 2021, providing 300 places for students aged 16-19.
We are seeking to appoint an outstanding candidate for a unique and exciting opportunity to join our team within our secondary phase. This is a superb opportunity for the right candidate to work in a supportive and energetic school.
Our new building on the Greenwich Peninsula has its own chapel and we are lucky to have a Federation Chaplain who works across our primary and secondary phases. Religious Studies is at the heart of all we do and is a core subject which is studied by all students at GCSE. We were judged Outstanding in all areas in our 2018 SIAMS inspection. We have an active Faith Team and a strong school choir.
We are looking for a candidate who:
• is highly organised, motivational and flexible
• is an inclusive individual, with high expectations of all students and who is committed to all students reaching their full potential
• is dedicated to raising standards and working in partnership with others
We can offer:
• a supportive leadership team and vibrant professional community
• quality training to those new to the career
• a commitment to continuing professional development
• a positive school culture which believes in distributed/ collaborative leadership
• energetic and enthusiastic high attaining students
• a supportive, Christian ethos across our school communities
• an Apple MacBook
• a Federation CPD programme
Applications will be considered on receipt and shortlisted candidates will be invited to come in for lesson observation and interview at a mutually convenient date.
Our new £65m building is situated on the Greenwich Peninsula, beside the O2, offering excellent public transport links via the Jubilee Line to North Greenwich and various bus routes. Please note there are no parking facilities at the school.
As this role will involve contact with children we will take up at least two references before interview asking about your suitability to work with children. Any job offer will be conditional on you having a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service Criminal Records Check and Barred List Check, having the legal right to work in the UK and having satisfactory overseas criminal records checks if deemed necessary.
Only shortlisted candidates will be telephoned & invited to attend interview.