We are looking for an enthusiastic Religious Studies teacher to join our highly successful department. Candidates must be able to teach up to Key Stage 5.
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers or NQTs. We offer an excellent NQT induction programme.
The position is full-time or part time, starting September 2019.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Religious Studies Department at St Marylebone is a large and vibrant department. All students at the School study GCSE Full course in Year 10, and students can opt to take the subject through to A Level. Results are excellent with 93% gaining A*-C and 64% gaining A*-A grades in 2014.
In addition to offering GCSE and A-Level the department runs conference days for Year 11, 12 and 13 looking at the topics of 'God in the Dock,' 'Euthanasia' and 'Interfaith Harmony.' The RS department also holds think tank sessions for Year 12 students during their study periods, which gives students an opportunity to have high calibre discussions surrounding the concepts of meaning and purpose, ethics and conflict.
St Marylebone enjoys easy access to a wide range of local trips and speakers, which further develop the enrichment provision of the department.
ABOUT THE SCHOOL:
• Founded in 1791, The St Marylebone CE School is an outstanding comprehensive school for girls with a mixed sixth form, serving students of all faiths or no faith. The School is a mainstream Academy for 1,170 pupils.
• Successively rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted and SIAMS, the School is one of the best performing non-selective state schools nationally.
• We are the Lead School in the St Marylebone Teaching School Alliance and have 21 SLEs on the teaching staff.
• There are around 100 members of teaching staff. 74% of teaching staff have been internally promoted since starting at the School.
• The School is situated in the heart of central London, just minutes from the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street on the tranquil Marylebone High Street, with Regent’s Park just moments away. We are close to excellent transport links (Regent’s Park, Baker Street and Bond Street Tube Stations).
• Qualified to degree level
• Qualified Teacher Status in a relevant subject
• Successful experience of teaching Religious Studies up to Key Stage 5
• Evidence of at least good teaching leading to high attainment and good progress
• Evidence of relevant subject based CPD
• Understanding of the use of assessment to inform planning and improve student performance
• Ability to set consistently high expectations for all students through class work, homework and enrichment
• Ability to work effectively in a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to engage, enthuse and motivate students
• Ability to organise, plan and prioritise effectively
• Enthusiasm, drive and love of learning
• Flexibility, adaptability and creativity
HOW TO APPLY
Please complete an application form. Application forms are available to download from the School’s website.
As part of the form you will need to complete a supporting statement (no more than 2 sides of A4), in order to demonstrate your suitability for the post.
Please return your completed application form via e-mail to: email@example.com
Closing date: by 5:00pm on Monday 20th May 2019
Please note that applicants may be called earlier so we recommend submitting your application as soon as possible.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children & vulnerable adults and it is our expectation that all staff and volunteers share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).