We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual to manage our Repair & Restore room where a small number of students are placed as an alternative to fixed term exclusion. You will need strong behaviour management and a commitment to student progress.
Harris Boys’ Academy East Dulwich opened in September 2009 and is part of the Outstanding Harris Federation. Our vision is clear: nothing is impossible and everything is possible, irrespective of personal characteristics or background. Every problem has a solution. We believe we are more robust, resilient and determined as a team than as a group of individuals. We support, challenge and hold each other to account at all levels within the academy to ensure that our students achieve their potential, are motivated, engaged and fully prepared for life beyond our academy. The academy’s specialisms are Enterprise and Sport with a ‘can-do’ ethos of always improving upon your personal best.
Main Areas of Responsibility
As Repair & Restore Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Supervision and management of Internally Excluded students.
- To develop appropriate resources for the Repair and Restore Room.
- To keep records/logs of student attendance, behaviour and progress within the Repair and Restore Room.
- To attend all appropriate meetings.
- To contribute to the whole Academy’s planning activities.
- To collect work for the excluded students.
- Support the whole school Written Warning system and wider behaviour policy
- To ensure that the team provides a range of support and intervention programmes which address the needs of students.
- To ensure that the team provides an effective internal exclusion facility as an alternative sanction to fixed term exclusion
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven success in raising achievement.
- High level of ICT skills and experience of how new technologies can be used to raise achievement.
- Good understanding of creative whole school strategies for improving literacy and numeracy and the importance of this in raising achievement.
- Willingness to use coaching as a model for ensuring on-going professional development.
- Experience in Multi-ethnic urban schools.
- Ability to lead and manage own work effectively and take responsibility for own professional development.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to enhance performance by motivating and developing staff, helping them to acquire the skills to improve.
If you have any questions about this opportunity, please contact us via e-mail, or call to arrange a conversation.
Before applying, please download the Job Pack for full details on the job responsibilities and person specification. You will need this when completing your application.
Please note: we may hold interviews as and when applications are received and we reserve the right to offer to a candidate prior to the closing date. We only accept applications submitted online via our careers website and which are completed before the closing deadline. With this in mind, we encourage you to apply as soon as possible and advise you check the job information as per the listing on our careers site.
Rewards & Benefits
Our people are at the heart of our success. We have developed a strong culture of collaboration and best practice, with professional development and career planning at its centre. We invest in our staff with support, coaching, mentoring, and a wide range of top-quality training programmes delivered at every level to senior leadership.
We look for talented individuals who share our vision for creating exceptional places of learning, and are committed to ensuring that every child in London has access to the best possible education.
In addition to the opportunities for career progression, training and development, we also offer a competitive rewards and benefits package which includes our Harris Allowance, a Performance and Loyalty Bonus, Pension Scheme, a Wellbeing Cash Plan and many other benefits.
The Harris Federation and all our academies are committed to ensuring the highest levels of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and we expect all our staff and volunteers to share in this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, references, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. Before applying, please review our Policy Statement on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders.
The Harris Federation is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students, and all our staff are equally valued and respected. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.
Harris Boys' Academy East Dulwich is a purpose built 11-18 school for boys which opened in September 2009 as the first all boys’ academy in England. The Academy accommodates 1,000 boys and benefits from a state-of-the-art purpose built ...