Salary: Grade 11, £9,698.29 - £10,271.02 per annum
Hours: 25 hours per week, TTO (to incl. 5 inset days), 8:30 - 13:30
We are seeking to appoint an experienced Reprographics Technician/Admin Assistant at Winterbourne International Academy to start as soon as possible.
The successful candidate is to provide a comprehensive reprographics and resource management service to the Academy, including advice and timely production of high quality printed material and the ordering of resources to support staff.
Main duties and responsibilities include:
• To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Reprographics department
• To undertake all of the following reprographic duties:
- setting out; reduction and enlargements; use of black/white and colour photocopiers; use of duplicators; collation; binding, using various techniques; laminating; trimming; use of book-making machine.
- To produce materials to support teaching and learning.
- To produce reports, prospectuses and other Academy documents as required.
- To be responsible for distribution of finished materials to agreed deadlines.
- To be responsible for the maintenance of all equipment and machines, ensuring that servicing is carried out as required, that machines are supplied with paper, and that they are cleaned and ready for use, installing toner and ink when necessary.
• To lead on the co-ordination of accounting records, processing information for entry onto Finance system and to report to Heads of Learning Areas (HoLA’s) and other budget-holders monthly advising them of their expenditure and to have a responsibility for ensuring the annual budget for reprographics is not exceeded by formulating cost saving plans to HoLAs.
• To lead on the building of a commercial print service to outside organisations to generate income for the Academy, to include pricing jobs and full control over meeting delivery deadlines and liaising with customers.
• To lead on the development of a reprographics service to new Academies in the partnership, to include negotiating contracts on new machinery in conjunction with the Business Manager
The successful candidate will offer excellent communication skills, organisational skills and technical ability. A good working knowledge of complex high volume digital photocopier/print systems is essential.
The Federation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates for vacant posts are expected to share this commitment. All appointments will be subject to vetting, including an enhanced DBS check.
The Federation is committed to ensuring equal opportunities, fairness of treatment, dignity, work-life balance and the elimination of all forms of discrimination in the workplace for all staff and job applicants.
More information about The Ridings’ Federation of Academies can be found on our website along with an application form or telephone the academy.
Closing date: 26th November 2017
Interview date: w/c 27th November 2017