Research Lead in Mathematics – North East Learning Trust (NELT), Northumberland
Required for September 2018
Are you a consistently excellent practitioner who has great enthusiasm for the research and is looking to gain new working experiences?
Do you want to join a forward-thinking Trust with innovative approaches to learning at its heart, a Trust that sees evidence-based practice as the main driver for systematic school improvement?
This is an exciting opportunity for teachers to shape the evolving educational landscape. You will be part of a team helping to lead the work of the Research School (alongside its Director and Deputy Director) in Northumberland, helping drive the schools forward in their engagement with evidence-based practice. As part of our Research School work, the role also involves communicating to a range of different audiences about the benefits of evidence-based practice and its role in school improvement, as well as delivering evidence-informed CPD.
Experience of evidence-based practice is not essential as ongoing professional development will be provided. However, enthusiasm, good leadership skills, excellent communication and teamwork skills, with an ability to learn quickly are vital.
Shotton Hall Research School is one of 22 providers nationally who form part of the national Research Schools Network, supporting the use of evidence to improve teaching practice:
Pay: MPR/UPR, plus TLR 2c
We are looking for someone who:
· Has a genuine passion for the use of evidence to improve educational outcomes, especially for disadvantaged students
· Is an excellent communicator and a quick learner
- Has enthusiasm and flexibility in response to a fast-changing work environment
- Is able to successfully manage projects achieving short, medium and long term goals
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, to engage and enthuse a wide range of stakeholders
- Is receptive to new ideas and challenges
The position is open to teachers of all experience.
The position will be based in one of our Northumberland schools with a teaching allocation. It will also involve working with colleagues to develop the schools’ research ethos and use evidence-based practice to drive forward school improvement and outcomes for children.
The Research School - Shotton Hall Academy - was rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted in July 2013 and acquired Research School status in April 2017.
The North East Learning Trust will be able to offer you:
- A welcoming learning environment.
- An exciting opportunity within a rapidly-changing Northumberland school, with evolving leadership opportunities and the chance to make a real difference to school leaders, teachers and children.
- A highly supportive strategic team.
- Skilled and professional colleagues.
- Innovative opportunities for continuing professional development.
Our Northumberland schools both occupy prime locations, situated on directly on the beautiful Northumberland coastline and also on the outskirts of the Northumberland countryside, home to the some of the country’s greatest landscapes. Both schools have excellent transport links and are only 15 miles north of Newcastle city centre, easily accessible from the A1 and the A19.
If this opportunity is of interest to you, please contact the Executive Head teacher, Toni Spoors, or Louise Quinn, Director of Research School, for further information. Visits to the schools in Northumberland are also strongly encouraged.
Or go to our website: https://www.nelt.co.uk/ and click on ‘Vacancies’ section.
Deadline for applications: 19/04/2018
Short listing: 20/04/2018
Interviews will take place the following week.
The North East Learning Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff, parents and volunteers to actively share this commitment. All appointments are conditional and subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure.