RESIDENT ASSISTANT HOUSE PARENT
Do you want to work with highly motivated students in what we think is the UK’s top genuinely all-ability co-educational comprehensive state boarding school?
We are seeking a vibrant, caring individual to join our Boarding Team. Varied and all-encompassing, the role involves a wide range of duties, acting in ‘loco parentis’ for our boarders and deputising for the Head of House. Members of the Boarding Team play a vital role in supporting the spiritual and emotional welfare of our students.
Ideally, the successful candidate should:
- Have experience of working in a boarding school
- Have a positive and sympathetic approach to children
- Have experience of working as part of a team
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills
- Be mindful and respectful of students with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Hold a valid driving licence
In return we can offer:
We pride ourselves on being a happy community where students can grow to reach their full potential, both academically and socially. The school is committed to safeguarding children and young people. All postholders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service disclosure.
Applicants should submit a St George’s Application Form (attached) and a supporting letter Personnel: (firstname.lastname@example.org), tel: 01582 716 228
Closing Date: 12 noon, Friday 18 May 2018
Interviews: Wednesday 23 May 2018
DO YOU WANT TO WORK WHERE YOU FEEL YOU BELONG?
TEN GREAT REASONS TO JOIN THE ST GEORGE'S TEAM
- Be part of a vibrant, inspiring and supportive team
- Everyone’s contributions are valued and encouraged
- A place where your work will ‘make a difference’ and be appreciated by pupils
- Learning is what we do; with passion
- Unique opportunity to work in one of the leading state boarding schools in the country
- Students champion and promote our community’s high standards and aspirations
- Excellent behaviour is the norm, not the exception
- Career development is encouraged and supported through great training
- A sense of belonging; part of a community and the St George’s ‘Family’
- Where the worst thing about work is going home at night
Working at St George’s also comes with a number of free additional fringe benefits*: on site parking, access to excellent sports and fitness facilities; and provision of lunch. On-site accommodation for specific posts is also available at reduced rates. * Staff terms and conditions are liable to review and change from time to time In 2014 OFSTED wrote that "This school has got the magic formula", and we have to say we agree! St George’s is a unique place to work. It is the perfect blend of high quality, innovative teaching and a community which cares. It has a highly supportive pastoral system as well as a residential state boarding community, all of which is firmly cemented in our Christian principles and strong commitment to our values of mutual respect, endeavour and sense of community. We hold on to our tradition and embrace the future with equal relish. St George’s is consistently in the top percentile of schools nationally for academic performance and rated outstanding by Ofsted. However we are not driven by such external measures but by our passion to provide the best learning and life experience we can for the pupils entrusted to our care. We hope that you will share our enthusiasm and drive to continue to make St George’s an exciting place to work and learn. Join us for a career at a school that certainly wants us to "Aim Higher".
'The ethos and relationships are everything'. 'This school has got the magic formula'.
For more information and to apply online : www.teachinherts.com
St George's School
01582 716 228