£18,531 actual salary
36 hours per week 39 weeks per year
Split shifts: before school starting and after school
Wishmore Cross Academy, part of Academies Enterprise Trust (AET) and is a residential special school in Chobham, Surrey, for boys aged 9 to 16 years who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties. We can admit up to 70 boys and can offer up to 14 residential places (including extended days) on a flexible basis for up to 4 nights per week.
We provide a highly effective and individual package of education, care and pastoral support to young people who may have had only negative experiences of school. A safe, caring environment supported by high levels of staffing ensures each pupil has the opportunity to make progress and achieve their full potential. We are a good school with outstanding features and we invest, not only in our students, but also our staff by providing regular CPD opportunities. The academy is situated within easy reach of the M25 and M3 and, although in Surrey, is very close to Berkshire and Hampshire.
We are looking for an experienced Residential Childcare Officer to work mainly in a residential setting as part of a multi-disciplinary team to provide a stimulating programme which aims at meeting the physical, emotional, intellectual and social needs of each pupil. You will be responsible for helping pupils prepare for leaving school so that they become valued members of society.
What you can offer:
- You will be educated to NVQ Level 3: Caring for children and young people
- You have previous experience of working with children in a school/early years environment.
- You will have a good standard of education
- Some knowledge of specific learning difficulties and a variety of strategies to support children would be an advantage.
We would particularly like to hear from graduates looking for work experience prior to teacher training.
What we can offer:
- Subsidized staff housing for an exceptional candidate!
- An extremely friendly, supportive and caring team who all work together
- An approachable and welcoming Senior Leadership team who are actively involved in the day to day running of the school
- Free school lunches
- Free on-site parking
- Excellent CPD courses including Safeguarding, MAPA and Health and Safety
- The opportunity to develop your education career; Wishmore Cross has a track record of developing, progressing and training up staff via the School Direct programme.
We warmly welcome candidates to come and see for yourself what we can offer. Please contact the school on 01276 857555 to arrange a time to drop by.
We passionately believe that every child can discover their own remarkable life. It’s what motivates us around here. We know this vision requires something extra. Which is why at AET, you’ll find more. More opportunities, so you can forge your own path. More care and support, so you can prioritise what matters most. More purpose, for you and for the children we’re inspiring.
- More training and development, so you can get better at what you do - Varied and stretching continuous professional development opportunities.
- More support for you and your loved ones - A health cash plan, employee loans and savings scheme, discounted gym membership and employee assistance programme.
- More technology so you can make more impact - G Suite for Education embedded throughout. Collaborative cloud technology gives you access to the latest tools, when and where it suits you. More tech enabled classrooms mean less time spent on admin and more time teaching.
- More reward - A generous and flexible Local Government Pension scheme for support staff.
- More possibilities - To inspire children to find their remarkable.
Closing date: Sunday 21 July 2019
In line with our safeguarding practices we are unable to accept CV's. To apply, please click on the 'Quick Apply' button.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
Each of the academies within the AET is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. A Disclosure and Barring Service Certificate will be required for all posts.
Follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. Further details can be found on our careers page.
AET are currently recruiting for School Direct Placements, please visit our website http://aetnationalteachingschoolalliance.org/ for further details.