Term-time (35 weeks), Mount St Mary’s College and Barlborough Hall School
You will be required to live on-site during term-time at Mount St Mary’s College.
Fixed Term for one academic year from 30th August 2018 to 5th July 2019 with the potential to extend by a further academic year dependent on performance. Induction will take place during the last week in August 2018.
Working at Mount St. Mary’s College in any capacity is a privilege. It is a special community with a proud history and a bright future, where staff and pupils work hard to achieve success and rewards. Nestled in beautiful and spacious private grounds in the North East Derbyshire village of Spinkhill, Mount St Mary’s College is an independent Jesuit day and boarding school for boys and girls. The College staff are a community who are genuine in their commitment to the needs of the students and the School as a whole.
The College offers a seven-days-a-week boarding programme, attracting pupils from overseas as well as the UK. We are currently looking for individuals to join our Residential Graduate Programme from Autumn 2018 and are keen to hear from recent university graduate planning for careers in education and sports.
The Residential Graduate Programme allows individuals to gain new skills and experience from working in a very busy independent boarding school. The flexibility of this varied post enables the successful candidates to get the best out of the whole experience by playing a full part in school life and apply their own individual specialisms to the role.
The Residential Graduate Assistant plays an important part in school life by playing a part in and supporting two key areas of the School - Sport and Boarding.
The Residential Graduate Assistant will support the Cross Campus Director of Sport and team in delivering quality, cross campus sports including preparation and maintenance of resources, materials and providing support to staff and pupils. The post-holder will assist and coach across the whole age and ability range during timetabled sports sessions and extra-curricular activities including weekend fixtures. When not coaching, the role will also provide support to the Sports team on both the administration and commercial side of the operation.
The second element of the role is to provide support to the Houseparents in the Boarding Houses and to act as the responsible adult in the boarding house when the Houseparent is off duty. The Residential Graduate Assistant will ensure that all members of the boarding house are safe and well whilst on duty, and be proactive in maintaining high standards of pastoral care. When on duty the Residential Graduate Assistant will be the duty supervisor for the boarding staff within their boarding house.
- A salary of £12,000, paid in monthly instalments from September to July
- Accommodation and full board provided at no extra charge
- College sports kit provided
- Opportunities for the right individuals to progress to the 2nd year of the programme
- An opportunity to develop skills and experience in a leading Jesuit Independent School
The successful candidate will:
- Be recently graduated with a degree level qualification
- Have a recognised Level 1 Coaching Certificate or equivalent in at least one of the School’s core sports of Rugby, Hockey, Netball or Cricket
- Have experience of working with young people, ideally in an education environment
- Have experience of delivering structured sports sessions
- Have the ability to motivate, inspire and challenge students to achieve their full potential
- Participate in the pastoral care of the pupils
- Work with the Cross Campus Director of Sport and others to help plan and co-ordinate events in order to increase the use of the college’s sporting facilities and establish the School as a premiere sports venue
- Promote the values and ethos of the School
This is a great opportunity for the right individual to be part of a vibrant co-educational day and boarding school in the Jesuit tradition, catering for the needs of children aged 3-18 from all denominations in a truly ecumenical and happy environment.
For further details of our school and to download an application form please visit our website http://msmcollege.com/about-us/join-the-team
Completed applications to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Noon on Monday 16th July 2018
Please note if you do not hear within 4 weeks of the closing date, you can assume you have been unsuccessful.
CVs will not be accepted. If you would like to come and have a look round the school in conjunction with your application please get in touch with the HR team on the e-mail above.