Are you keen to be part of a forward-thinking faculty bolstered by a very supportive community? Does an outdoor, adventurous lifestyle with beautiful surrounding scenery appeal to you?
The school and role
Grey High is the largest school in the West Coast and considered the heart of learning in the community. In return for their amazing community support, they offer future-focused, relevant co-educational learning to all of their 520 students from across the district. Grey High is looking for a Resistant Materials - Wood teacher to join their department of 5 teachers and continue to support their academic, vocational and pastoral links with all of their students. This role comes with leadership opportunity for suitably experienced candidates.
- Great community engagement with an emphasis on positive student and staff relationships;
- Advancement opportunities and a diverse, welcoming staff;
- Work in an award winning Technology facility with students who are excited to learn practical skills
Skills and experience:
- A Design Technology degree and a recognised school teaching qualification that enables you to teach 13 - 18 year olds;
- The ability to build and maintain strong, positive relationships with students;
- Industry or practical experience with wood and other materials is a bonus;
Life on NZ’s West Coast
The school grounds are minutes from the beach and accommodation costs are far lower than national averages. Iconic natural landmarks such as Punakaiki and amazing conservation parks are right on your doorstep. Greymouth is home to around 13,000 residents making Greymouth the largest town on the West coast.
You may be eligible for a $5000 overseas relocation grant from the Ministry of Education if you take up a teaching position in New Zealand. Now is a great time to come and teach in Aotearoa!
This could be your opportunity to interview with either Kristina or Karen, as they'll be in Ireland and the UK interviewing in the following locations:
- Birmingham; 4-7 October
- London and Surrounds; 8-15 October
- Dublin; 16-17 October
- Manchester; 18-23 October
- London Central; 25-28 October
Please indicate as you apply (on the Supporting Statement section), which location you'd like to be considered for an interview. If you are unable to interview in person at any of the above locations, please indicate accordingly.
To apply or request more information EITHER hit “APPLY NOW” (you will be required to upload your CV) OR send your CV to email@example.com, quoting reference # 23969).