Title: Safeguarding & Welfare Officer x2
1x Permanent role & 1x Fixed Term role until November 2020
Salary: Up to £25,654 per annum depending on experience
Closing Date: Thursday 20th February 2020
Interview Date: Monday 2nd March 2020
Nelson and Colne College Group is a beacon for educational excellence, made up of a family of colleges – Nelson & Colne College, Lancashire Adult Learning & Accrington & Rossendale College.
We are currently recruiting for 2 Safeguarding & Welfare Officers to join the team. Both roles are full time working 37 hours per week. We have one permanent vacancy and one vacancy fixed term until November 2020.
The successful candidate will Work closely with the Safeguarding and Prevent Manager and Safeguarding Co-ordinators to deliver high quality and effective safeguarding & welfare support to all students across the Nelson & Colne College Group.
Both posts will be based at the Accrington & Rossendale site in Accrington, but as it is essential to support the delivery of safeguarding and welfare support across the Nelson and College group travel to other sites will be required occasionally.
The main duties include:
• Act as a key contact to an allocated case load of students, especially those who are vulnerable including young carers, students living independently, Looked After Students, Care Leavers and those at risk
• To support the engagement, retention and achievement of students, signposting to and/or working with other services within and outside of the organisation as required in order to ensure they are safe and have the best opportunities to succeed
• Ensure compliance with all safeguarding expectations including the accurate, confidential and up to date record keeping of all safeguarding and welfare activity
• Promote and administer the accurate allocation of the Vulnerable Bursary Fund payments to those students who qualify and work with colleagues to identify and address any other financial assistance and/or emergency support needs
The ideal candidate will have:
• 4 GCSEs or equivalent including Maths and English at Grade C or above
• Educated to A Level (Or equivalent) standard (Desirable)
• Successful experience of working with young people and vulnerable adults
• Working knowledge of Safeguarding Child Protection policies, procedures and issues
For a full list of role specific duties plus essential and desirable criteria please refer to the job description.
How to apply:
If you're interested in this post and would like to know more, then please visit our website and complete an application form.
Please note: All of our posts are subject to an enhanced DBS check due to working with vulnerable adults and children. Should you wish to discuss this further, please get in touch with the HR team.