Responsible to: Deputy Headteacher
Main purpose of the job:
To act as the designated safeguarding lead and lead for Looked After Children for the South York Multi-Academy Trust. To oversee the day to day work of safeguarding students and looked after children within Fulford School and to have overall responsibility for raising standards of student attendance. To act as a point of referral and source of support for other schools in the MAT in relation to safeguarding, attendance and looked after children.
The successful applicant will:
• Have previous experience of working with children and/or adolescents with social, emotional and mental health needs in an education, healthcare or community setting.
• Have a detailed knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding and its application in practice alongside suitable recent training.
• Have knowledge of educational and adolescent developmental issues for children and adolescents.
• Have knowledge of psychological/ development issues experienced by young people and of working with families.
• Be able to work collaboratively with students and their families/carers.
• Be able to engage with children and young people and work effectively in distressing and challenging circumstances.
• Be able to promote at all times a positive image of children and young people with emotional and mental health needs.
The South York MAT is a newly formed Multi-Academy Trust that has evolved from over 20 years of partnership working. The current Trust members are Fulford School and Dunnington Church of England Primary with a range of partner primaries and Danesgate Community set to join the Trust in the near future.
Our strong and inclusive partnership seeks to work together to support and inspire all children, young people and families in our communities to achieve and flourish.
All candidates must complete an application form and set out a letter of application of one side of A4 in which they should outline how they believe their experience, skills and personal qualities equip them for the post.
Application forms and further details for the post can be downloaded from the Fulford School website www.fulford.york.sch.uk or by telephoning the Fulford School Office on 01904 633300.
Please return the completed application form, together with a letter of application outlining how your experience, skills and personal qualities equip you for the post, to Miss J Mountain, PA to SLT, by the closing date. Applications can be sent by email to Mountainj@fulford.york.sch.uk.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 3rd June 2018
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We will require successful applicants to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.
Applicants are asked to provide full employment history and any gaps in employment will be explored at interview.